BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

ABS DENSO NIGHTMARE

• 81KELFY
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Sep 2012 17:53 #48995 by 81KELFY
ABS DENSO NIGHTMARE was created by 81KELFY
Hi all,

I had the half shaft replaced on my Jimny, and since the replacement of the half shaft the abs cuts in a low speed braking. ie as you stop at low speed the car brakes juder as the abs kicks in.
I have had a mechanic friend look, and he states the ABS pump has more than likely gone.
So first question, is he more the likely correct? or is it worth getting a diagnostics check done?
Next question. I have looked eveywhere for an 2004 ABS pump/modulater. Part number 133000-7080, or 56100-81A11.
They are like rocking horse..........
The only ones I can get are from the dealerships, and they retail at just over £1000. Any idea if I can get the one I have reconditioned, or where I may be able to purchase one.

This is driving me mad. The jimny has been the best 4 x 4 I have owned up to this point, and I want to keep it!

HELP!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Sep 2012 17:57 - 27 Sep 2012 18:02 #48996 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic ABS DENSO NIGHTMARE
is this the rear half shaft your on about if so there a abs ring on the shaft was it on the new one?
the easy way to check with out removing the rear shaft is to pop the abs sensor out and see if you can see the abs ring also you may have damagedthe sensor if it was not removed when the shaft was replaced

also a broken abs ring can give this sort of feed back
Last edit: 27 Sep 2012 18:02 by markyp2000.

More
27 Sep 2012 18:48 #48998 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic ABS DENSO NIGHTMARE
I agree, look at the sensor and ABS ring first.

Did the replacement shaft have a ring, is it correctly positioned, is it slipping (one version of the ring is "shrunk" onto the underlying bearing retainer)

Is the sensor ok?

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds