BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Best lift kit for flex?

• ZukracerV6
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2012 16:42 #48738 by ZukracerV6
Best lift kit for flex? was created by ZukracerV6
Hi,

I took the Jimny on its 1st trial last weekend, and was very impressed with it. My 1st trial in nearly 10 years and we took 1st place in our class B)

I want to lift the jimny, to gain some clearance, fit larger tyres, improve the flex etc. Most of the clearance for the tyres will come from cutting the wheel arches as I don't wont to alter the COG too much. I will also lower the gearing with a suitable transfer case at some stage, as the jimny will be used for trials so road performance is not so important.

So two questions...

What are the biggest tyres people recommend to run on the standard axles with out trashing them? I don't want to out larger axles on. Don't worry about the lift at the stage?

What lift kit do you recommend for the best flex?

Sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• myers647
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2012 16:52 #48741 by myers647
Replied by myers647 on topic Best lift kit for flex?
Hi mate & welcome,
Right as for the lift kit I would go with the ORA 3" springs because they dont sag at all where as some of the others around would because of the heavy cage you have fitted, and a set of Procomp shocks.I have 3" springs and 1.5" spacers and its fine I get some very good flex.I have ES3000 shocks as well.
If your not going to be changing the transfer box any time soon then the biggest tyres I would suggest would be 235/7515 which stand about 29.5" any bigger and it will struggle mate.
If and when you get a new transfer box you can go up to 33" tyres.

Thanks hope that helps
James

• ZukracerV6
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Sep 2012 22:40 #48948 by ZukracerV6
Replied by ZukracerV6 on topic Best lift kit for flex?
James thanks for the advice so far! The Suzuki is fitted with 195 15r tyres which for now I'm planning on keeping, but I think I will start with the gearing 1st as they could do with lowering for trialing.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds