BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

snorkel

• suzuki jimny fella
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2012 20:54 #48689 by suzuki jimny fella
snorkel was created by suzuki jimny fella
how do the snorkel attach to air box any pics thanks guys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joakae
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2012 21:37 #48690 by Joakae
Replied by Joakae on topic snorkel
Depends which snorkel you get. Mines a short one and you get some pipe to run inside the wing. The more common snorkel that runs along the wing, is the actual pipe. Then you drill a hole and connect o the air box. I'll post some pictures when I'm on my pc :)

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2012 22:29 - 24 Sep 2012 22:30 #48692 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic snorkel
My snorkel is also of the short type, less exposed to trees is why I went for the short one.

This is the wrinkle pipe that goes from snorkel to air box. It is normally hidden by the plastic liner
File Attachment:

Cutting the hole from the template guide. My Jimny is galvanised so I used cold gal to re-seal the bodywork
File Attachment:

The snorkel fitted. I use "Armourall" on the Snorkel and soft-top roofs to keep them nice and shiny and new looking
File Attachment:

Travelling through the Coorong in South Australia. Normally I have a snorkel sock fitted but it scraped off reversing through some dense scrub.
File Attachment:
Last edit: 24 Sep 2012 22:30 by ZookFastback. Reason: Left last pic off

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds