BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny fusebox

• Joakae
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2012 16:12 #48676 by Joakae
Jimny fusebox was created by Joakae
Are you sure you pulled off the right bit? I think it's green :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2012 16:59 #48680 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Jimny fusebox
on the drivers side kick pannel where the speeker is it should be above there

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2012 19:53 #48771 by markyp2000
so if i want to break inyour car all i have to do is wedge the top of the door open and push the window switch down

More
25 Sep 2012 20:01 #48774 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Jimny fusebox
As opposed to the easier option of simply flicking the lock button up from the outside in the usual manner :whistle:

You would have to know that the switch was active to go to the extra trouble of accessing it. No-one would think to do that.

How did you get the lighter to be permanent live easily?

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• little jimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2012 20:06 #48778 by little jimny
Replied by little jimny on topic Jimny fusebox

markyp2000 wrote: so if i want to break inyour car all i have to do is wedge the top of the door open and push the window switch down

That'll be why he hasn't posted his location or any pictures of his car :laugh:

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2012 20:14 #48783 by markyp2000
to be honest is just smash a window lol but i always try window switches as well as bottons failing that theres many other was id get in

More
26 Sep 2012 21:22 #48939 by facade
Cheers, I was hoping I could just move a wire over on the fusebox like in The Olden Days.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Sep 2012 22:01 #48947 by markyp2000
id rather take the fuse box out and make my own iv never seen such a cow boy bodging way round some thing if that catches light i just pray its not near any where that could do more damage i think this post needs to be removed as like you said if not done properly could result in a fire and bodges like this should never be posted rant over have a good evening

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Sep 2012 07:15 #48955 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Jimny fusebox

markyp2000 wrote: to be honest is just smash a window lol but i always try window switches as well as bottons failing that theres many other was id get in

I would just get a small person to climb through one of the large rust holes in the boot floor :laugh:

• blakey2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Sep 2012 08:06 - 27 Sep 2012 08:11 #48958 by blakey2000
Replied by blakey2000 on topic Jimny fusebox

tyepj wrote: A bit of a mission. I bought 2 new 15A fuses and bridged them. This is a bit tricky if you're not handy with a soldering iron. These replace fuses 80 (lighter and radio) and 83 (radio dome). I deliberately popped new 80, so new 80 (load side) feeds via permanently on 83.
This could result in a fire hazard if not done properly so its not for everyone.

Attachment not found

you said if not done properly it could catch fire? that's why you don't bypass a fuse also why are you bypassing the fuse it does nothing for switching on the radio when the ignition is turned on?? wouldn't it be smarter and actually work to bridge the contacts that turn the radio on. as what you have done wont do a thing besides catch fire.

to me as an electrician you are the stupidest person in the world. you do not bypass cable protection its there to prevent fire. that can cause injury.

if anyone does this you deserve for your car to burn down and it probably will as if your this dodgy by doing this to begin with then you will be dodgy for the rest of the install. have fun with your death trap.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2012 08:11 by blakey2000.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Sep 2012 17:02 #48984 by markyp2000

blakey2000 wrote:

tyepj wrote: A bit of a mission. I bought 2 new 15A fuses and bridged them. This is a bit tricky if you're not handy with a soldering iron. These replace fuses 80 (lighter and radio) and 83 (radio dome). I deliberately popped new 80, so new 80 (load side) feeds via permanently on 83.
This could result in a fire hazard if not done properly so its not for everyone.

Attachment not found

you said if not done properly it could catch fire? that's why you don't bypass a fuse also why are you bypassing the fuse it does nothing for switching on the radio when the ignition is turned on?? wouldn't it be smarter and actually work to bridge the contacts that turn the radio on. as what you have done wont do a thing besides catch fire.

to me as an electrician you are the stupidest person in the world. you do not bypass cable protection its there to prevent fire. that can cause injury.

if anyone does this you deserve for your car to burn down and it probably will as if your this dodgy by doing this to begin with then you will be dodgy for the rest of the install. have fun with your death trap.

here here i think this compleat post should be removed

More
27 Sep 2012 17:51 #48994 by facade
If you read his post, what the OP did is effectively remove fuse 80, disconnecting the switched live feed, and then joined the lighter socket feed to the protected side of fuse 83 (permanent live feed).

This is what I would have done in The Olden Days by removing the lighter feed wire from the output of fuse 80, and attaching to the output of the permanent live fuse 83. Much easier when the whole thing was done with Lucar clips

As he said, you need to know what you are doing to make sure you are not joining the wrong circuits, and I wouldn't do it this way as I'm quite likely to blow the lighter fuse with the tyre compressor.
Hardly likely to cause a fire though, but I agree that we could remove the posts from #4 in case it gives some people the wrong idea

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds