BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

adjustable shock amount

• tankhed
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Sep 2012 19:51 #48384 by tankhed
adjustable shock amount was created by tankhed
Hi all i have got the full 4" kit from ORA and am haveing a lot of trouble with the adjustable shock bracket as
all three holes where you can put the shocks theres a problem the bottom hole is to close to the compensator the middle one is strate in line with the exhaust and top one is to close to the main bracket that goes to the compensator and this is part of the chassis :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Sep 2012 20:19 #48391 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic adjustable shock amount
my bro has 1 of them brackets for his jimny & we have the same problem so just gave up trying to fit it

we either must be doing something wrong or its a bad design but i would not think that ora would design it so bad so im thinking we trying to fit it wrong somehow

• tankhed
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Sep 2012 20:37 #48394 by tankhed
Replied by tankhed on topic adjustable shock amount
Wel am glad am not the only one thats had this problem i was starting to feel stupid and you would expect better from such a reputable company

More
19 Sep 2012 20:40 #48395 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic adjustable shock amount
Have a look at zanfi.it,web site it's got some photos of a shock bracket fit on a jimny.
www.zanfi.it/modules.php?name=catalog&fi..._86&products_id=1424

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....

• tankhed
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Sep 2012 21:01 #48401 by tankhed
Replied by tankhed on topic adjustable shock amount
Ye thanks for that this is how i have put it but it looks tight on there aswel a might have to cut the shocker bolts down a bit so thay fit in without touching the chassis

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds