BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

31"

• Coletti
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Aug 2012 19:51 #45394 by Coletti
31" was created by Coletti
Hey guys, have been reading through the 33" thread and noticed that someone has managed to fit 33" on just a 3" lift so I was wondering if it would be possible (with some arch trimming of coarse) 31" on just a 2" lift? Has anyone ever done this and has anyone got any pics of 31" on just a 2" suspension lift?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2012 21:46 #45405 by Johnniehec
Replied by Johnniehec on topic Re: 31"
30 9.50 15 bfgs on mine with 2 inch spring lift rubbed on back bottom corner of front arches on full axle travel and full lock. No problem at rear. I have not trimmed anything off metal or plastic . 30mm body lift cured it, still no trimming.

John.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

• bigoffroader
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Aug 2012 22:17 #45406 by bigoffroader
Replied by bigoffroader on topic Re: 31"
my 30" still rubbed badly with only a 2" lift. I now have 31" insa turbo's and have 2" body lift 4" spring lift 32mmwheel spacers and they were still catching last weekend at hollymoreside i have now trimmed even more off the arches. It could be because i have allot of shock travel and articulation without extending the bump stops as i want as much twist as possible.

• Paul4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Aug 2012 05:03 #45409 by Paul4x4
Replied by Paul4x4 on topic Re: 31"
Of course you can fit those with "only" 2" lift! You don't even need to cut much. I'm pretty sure I could make my 33s fit with only 2" lift. Just depends on how much you are willing to cut. It's better to trim, cut and hammer, than lift your truck sky high!

• Coletti
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Aug 2012 11:26 #45416 by Coletti
Replied by Coletti on topic Re: 31"
I completely agree with you Paul4x4!!. Have to say, I really do like what you have done with yours, looks really good. Don't fancy doing a body lift as I didn't want to raise centre of gravity too much I also don't mind a bit of cutting and hammering, I bought the truck as a project so it's kind of expected haha.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds