BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Bouncy Jimny

• trextr7monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2012 22:13 #44437 by trextr7monkey
Replied by trextr7monkey on topic Re: Bouncy Jimny
What tyre pressures are you running? - could be to compensate for knackered shocks tyres are over inflated - try dropping pressure to something like 18psi and see if that makes any difference, we have a complete spare set of standard shocks in the garage so could measure them if you want to compare dimensions.
Hope you get it sorted.

atb
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2012 07:19 - 18 Jul 2012 07:19 #44452 by Paul4x4
Replied by Paul4x4 on topic Re: Bouncy Jimny
Actually, it might be because you replaced only the rear shocks. It might feel like the rear end is bouncing, but it really is the front because the front shocks are now much more softer(if they are as shot as the rear ones were?) than the rear ones, causing the whole truck rocking back and forth.

I would buy equal shocks for the front too, because there's no way the es1000's would be too soft to cause that problem...
Last edit: 18 Jul 2012 07:19 by Paul4x4.

More
18 Jul 2012 21:35 #44506 by JonathonMarshall
Replied by JonathonMarshall on topic Re: Bouncy Jimny
Mike, I'll have a look tomorrow or, more likely, friday night and measure up. Compressed measurement? I.e. Just the barrel?

Paul, this is very very possible, I've owned it 2 yrs now and not touched the front shocks. I just can't fathom that it'd be to blame for it being sooo bouncy on the back. But hey if I do the fronts as well, I've got new shocks all round and I'll know its not the cause of the issue.

Is it possible its a bad batch in light of the other set I bought appearing to display the same symptoms?
I found this thread about shocks and people seem to say the 1000's are suitable and the 3000's a bit too hard.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds