BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rocklobster fitting/propshafts

More
06 Jul 2012 20:46 #43623 by j999pre
Finally fitted my rocklobster :)

Couple of questions for you.

The front SJ prop thats used as a rear looks very compressed. I probably have about a flange widths play left in compression is this ok?

Secondly how have people sealed up the sj speedo take off? Or does it even need doing?

Thanks

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• suzuki jimny fella
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jul 2012 22:39 #43637 by suzuki jimny fella
Replied by suzuki jimny fella on topic Re: Rocklobster fitting/propshafts
i stuck some grease in there and when i jet wash her i put more in the hole lol as check for damage on etc

• p1ngu32
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jul 2012 21:42 #43851 by p1ngu32
Replied by p1ngu32 on topic Re: Rocklobster fitting/propshafts
I have a little bit more than that on my prop with a 3" lift, to seal up the speedo take off i used a 15mm yorkshire stop end which you will get at any diy store. its a perfect fit but i glued it in place to make sure

More
10 Jul 2012 08:35 #43858 by j999pre
I'm off to the diy shop after seeing that. Thanks

Mine has a 2" lift so maybe I need to think about going bigger to get a little more free play.

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

More
10 Jul 2012 12:22 #43864 by Johnniehec
Neat job P1ngu32, how are you doing? There's a BORDC trial at Lumsden on the 22nd, I'll not be there cos we're away on hols but it's not far from you.
Cheers,
John.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

• p1ngu32
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jul 2012 17:20 #43887 by p1ngu32
Replied by p1ngu32 on topic Re: Rocklobster fitting/propshafts
Cheers john, i'm good, won't be getting to any trials this year unfortunately, we have litterally just had our first baby so thats put things on hold for a wee while at least, some thing to think about for the future though!

Mine has a 2" lift so maybe I need to think about going bigger to get a little more free play.

you might be ok with the freeplay that you have, the axles tend to twist one way or the other so you would only ever be compressing one spring fully, you would possibly have to jump some thing with the jimny to compress both sides of the suspension enough to bottom out the prop.

Richard.

More
10 Jul 2012 17:27 - 10 Jul 2012 19:42 #43892 by j999pre
Well I took the rear prop off again today and cut about 8mm from the big spline. Then I took the rear springs off and compressed the suspension onto the damper bump stops. Now have about 8mm to play with as before it was bottoming out.

Very happy with the progress.

Although with the suspension on full sag I could just pull my springs out front and back?? Slightly worrying.

Grey pick up Jimny
Last edit: 10 Jul 2012 19:42 by j999pre.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds