BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

3 inch lift !

• Fearghal Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jul 2012 15:50 #43314 by Fearghal Murphy
Replied by Fearghal Murphy on topic Re: 3 inch lift !
Haha weather over there sounds good to me, bit bleak over here not looking good weather wise !

Yep i have paired back the rubber at the top so fits grand ! Now i cannot seem to get the bottom of the shocks to line up properly with the standard mounts :( ???? they are not lining up by bout 10 degrees ?

I have not fitted my castor correction bushes yet, big problem ?? Man if i ever bump into you, i shall buy you a crate of beer ! I need to get to my mates garage to fit the corrected bushes !

Muchas gracias !"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2012 16:10 - 01 Jul 2012 16:11 #43320 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Re: 3 inch lift !
Did the shock come with a fitting kit which will have a set of sleeve with a large size hole. if it did try one of them till you get so relocation brackets.

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 01 Jul 2012 16:11 by dirtydogz.

• Fearghal Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jul 2012 16:19 #43322 by Fearghal Murphy
No unfort not ! I think the answer is to fit the standard springs n shocks back on for the moment, be patient and order the relocation brackets ! Looking now i can see that w/o them the shock doesnt have too much space ! Damn it anyway ! I was hoping to go for a show drive 2moro ! :(

Thanks again dogz, i owe ya and will get back onto you when i start again !

Sound !

More
01 Jul 2012 16:27 #43323 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Re: 3 inch lift !
Martin has them in stock for £26 so give him a bell.

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....

More
01 Jul 2012 16:32 #43324 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re: 3 inch lift !
I am not sure what the problem is you are describing here? The shocks should fit, do you have a picture? You also ordered the slightly longer shocks so the brackets will make them longer again?

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Fearghal Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jul 2012 16:50 #43326 by Fearghal Murphy
Hi Martin !

I shall get a picture up 2moro morning !

Basically when i fit the top shock mount bolt it goes in fine. But when i line up the shock with the bottom mount they do not line up exactly and the bolt cannot be threaded through. I have tried to manipulate the axle position to get everything to line up, but still no joy :(

I am sure i am just missing something simple.

Thanks

More
01 Jul 2012 18:18 #43339 by robs5230
Replied by robs5230 on topic Re: 3 inch lift !
when lifted the axle will tilt making the shock bush sleeve at an angle to the shock mount on the axle . this would strain the bush and bolt. guess thats why so many bolts shear off when the relocation brackets aren't fitted. with the relocation bracket the bottom shock ring is turned 90 degrees to fit.

standard jimny - for now

• Fearghal Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jul 2012 19:38 #43353 by Fearghal Murphy
Thanks rob for the info man ! I thought something like this might be the reason alright ! I raised up the front of the jimny to level things out and i lined em up all OK, however i have decided to go back standard for the moment until i get the relocation brackets ! May as well do things right ! Thanks everyone for advice ! Fabricator friend, shall be sorting the correction bus fitment with a press so very happy!

Cheers guys !

More
01 Jul 2012 20:29 - 01 Jul 2012 20:30 #43355 by robs5230
Replied by robs5230 on topic Re: 3 inch lift !
no worries mate , i have just fitted the relocation brackets ( from bigjimny shop ) . my bolts had sheared. you will need a good 12mm drill bit to drill ( i can recommend dewalt extreme ) the rest of the way through the mounting in the axle for the rear lower shock mounts and a good electric drill. buy the longer bolts from bigjimny shop at the same time as your brackets. when drilling use engine oil to cool. run at a low speed and it'll be through in no time. park your vehicle down hill and the oil will not run out when drilling.
the original bolts are prone to seizing in and snapping. get rid of them.
regards rob

standard jimny - for now
Last edit: 01 Jul 2012 20:30 by robs5230.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds