× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Engine swap

• Drew
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jun 2012 13:19 #42169 by Drew
Engine swap was created by Drew
Hi

Our Jimny has the G13BB engine (now with a broken conrod) after a big drink of water. It seems there are lots of M13A engins about but G13BB are a bit hard to find.

Is it possible to do a straight swap for a M13A engine, is there any electrical issues with wiring sensors ecu etc. I assume I will need all the inlet manifold and injection etc off the M13A.

Any advise much appreciated

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2012 14:00 #42170 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic Re: Engine swap
You'll need the loom from the M13a inlet and exhaust manifold too and I think the gearbox is different too.

You could go for a G16B upgrade

Or I might know where there is a G13BB :)

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• Drew
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jun 2012 14:14 #42172 by Drew
Replied by Drew on topic Re: Engine swap
Hi

Would you like to share the information on the whereabouts of the G13BB and price etc?

Almost a guaranteed sale I think as ours is dead!

Thanks

More
11 Jun 2012 17:18 #42180 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic Re: Engine swap
You have PM

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• Dan13l
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jul 2012 04:34 #43371 by Dan13l
Replied by Dan13l on topic Re: Engine swap
I've done a swap from a G13bb to an M13a. The job is fairly big and as the age difference between the engine you have and the engine you are swapping to increases so does the job, I swapped a 2000 g motor for a 2011 m motor and caused a few problems,

1. The loom is completely different and was easier to remove the old loom altogether and run a complete 2011 loom through out the whole car as most connectors are different which also includes the ecu and computer harnesses

2. The gearbox is completely different so either an adapter plate or m series gearbox is needed, if using an m series gearbox the rear bracket will have to be cut and reweleded as it is longer than the g series

3. Exhaust manifold is differnt and will need the m series as well

But with all this in mind it is possible but just depends on how much time you have and the amount you know in regards to electronics and doing an engine swap but apart from the little hurdles it is pretty straight forward to a few jobs ive seen and can b done

Good luck if you do go down that path

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds