BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Has anyone replaced oil seals on the transferbox ?

• pstrom
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jun 2012 17:46 #41640 by pstrom
After replacing my wheels i had a really bad "Death wobble" on my -04 Jimny that was caused by both worn kingpinbearings and a incorrect tirepressure (too high).

I found all info needed here at BigJimny and was able to replace bearings and the result is: no more wobble.

But all the "wobbling" that occured seemes to have shaken the transmission so bad that the seal on the incoming axle was damaged and is leaking.

Is it possible to replace the seal without having to completely remove and disassemble the box ? Is there anyone out there with info on how to do this?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jun 2012 18:29 #41646 by markyp2000
take it all out and change all 3 seals as there is not much room in that area to work then you no it done right and you can see what your doing

• renard38
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jun 2012 18:40 #41649 by renard38
first time i changed the seal without having to completely remove and disassemble the box. But not really easy:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

2nde time i completely remove the box: more easy to work:

A+ ;)

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds