BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Tyre deals from an internet-supplier...

• P.Y.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jun 2010 19:45 - 16 Jun 2010 19:46 #3641 by P.Y.
The Camskill website on 15 inch 4x4 tyres is a useful mine of information, with most manufacturers putting up a photo of the tyre with clear view of the tread pattern, and a technical spec panel. Really nice to be able to compare the Load Index (strength)from tyre to tyre.

Not shopped on a internet supplier before, but Camskill were excellent to deal with.

Ordered four 205-75-15 Maxxis Brava M/T and these have a fairly open tread pattern but not so agressive as to be useless on the road. Only driven a few miles but it seems a fair compromise, but naturally the noise level has gone up with a hum from the tyres. They are six ply tread, two ply sidewalls, and while fairly stiff in the sidewall they have some forgiveness. Too stiff and braking suffers. Running 32 psi cold at the moment.

Good service, good pricing, you get regular emails telling you the progress so you can track where they have got to but mine arrived two days after ordering, took them to ATS in Didcot, they fitted them for a spot of cash including balancing, and admitted they couldnt have got these tyres....

www.camskill.co.uk gets you there, I discussed the purchase with a guy called Brian who seemed to have done the Knowledge.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2010 19:46 by P.Y..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds