BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

G13bb engine miss.

More
06 Mar 2012 21:27 #35071 by BAZZOOK
G13bb engine miss. was created by BAZZOOK
did a search, can't find anything.
When at cruising speed and feathering the throttle the check engine light flashes and the engine misses.
Did a code check and indicated the MAP sensor. Replaced that and the throttle position sensor with new. ones . Still does it. Any ideas. I was maybe thinking O2 sensor ? It doesn't appear to have a MAF sensor.
Checked for air leeks on intake side. Exhaust manifold is cracked but I don't think it would cause miss.
Replaced cam angle sensor 2 years ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2012 05:03 #35076 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Re: G13bb engine miss.
Have you done anything to the engine recently. For instance, if you use a generic silicone to make a seal, this can destroy O2 sensors. Cracked in manifold is an indicator of incorrect torquing at some stage, may have warped something and be allowing air in. A wire may have become dislodged. Lots of things to check before buying replacement parts. 1st thing is to pull wires off one at a time and give them a spray then re-attach and go on to the next one.

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
07 Mar 2012 06:49 #35078 by funkyjimny
Replied by funkyjimny on topic Re: G13bb engine miss.
On the MAP sensor if I remember rightly there's a tiny pipe coming off the inlet manifold, this blocks with gungy oil on higher mileage motors, make sure this is clean or the MAP sensor still wont be getting the right reading.

More
08 Mar 2012 19:21 #35151 by BAZZOOK
Replied by BAZZOOK on topic Re: G13bb engine miss.

funkyjimny wrote: On the MAP sensor if I remember rightly there's a tiny pipe coming off the inlet manifold, this blocks with gungy oil on higher mileage motors, make sure this is clean or the MAP sensor still wont be getting the right reading.

funkyjimny............you are a dead set legend. I was thinking along the same lines after I fitted the MAP sensor as it was still throwing a 31 code. I pulled the pipe off which was all clear. There is what looks like an orange filter canister screwed into the manifold . It's in a tricky position and I couldn't get it off so I blew some compressed air through it and refitted the hose. I did about 200 klms on it today and the motor didn't miss once. The CEL never flickered.

If your ever in Australia mate, the icy cold beers are on me.

• uau242
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2012 21:48 #53475 by uau242
Replied by uau242 on topic Re: G13bb engine miss.
Hi
Are you saying you didn't remove the pipe completely? Just the part that connects to the MAP sensor? I'm having the same issues! Doing my head in!

More
18 Nov 2012 20:40 #53614 by BAZZOOK

uau242 wrote: Hi
Are you saying you didn't remove the pipe completely? Just the part that connects to the MAP sensor? I'm having the same issues! Doing my head in!

PM sent.

More
27 Nov 2012 07:42 - 27 Nov 2012 07:53 #54279 by BAZZOOK
Update. decided to pull out the orange canister and clean it. went to the local auto shop and told them what iI was doing. the guy recommended a can of MAF sensor cleaner. $25 later I get home and pull out canister. was easy after I removed the support bar going across to the manifold. I squirted fluid thru from the narrow end where the rubber pipe goes. You would not believe the amount of crud that came out. I then blew some compressed air thru it to dry out and refitted it. Will see how it goes but looking good.

I did it again over the sink and even more came out.
Last edit: 27 Nov 2012 07:53 by BAZZOOK.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds