BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Locking wheel nuts for steelies

• Daytona
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2010 17:36 #2502 by Daytona
Locking wheel nuts for steelies was created by Daytona
Hi
Fancy putting locking wheel nuts although we only have the original steelies on so this would entail some new shiny wheel nuts to match.
Seen plenty of sets on ebay but they all mention alloys. Would there be a problem with using them on steelies?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Top Rope Terry
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2010 18:22 #2504 by Top Rope Terry
Replied by Top Rope Terry on topic Re:Locking wheel nuts for steelies
cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOCKING-ALLOY-WHEEL-NUTS-...?hash=item3a5369ff58

hi there try these i have off set steel rims with 30/9.5/R15 tyres and are using these they seem to do the trick but i would'nt put them on with air gun just nip up with hand bar, i've had other locking nuts snap with air gun and been advised by many people to just use bar. hope it helps

More
01 Mar 2010 21:58 #2516 by ooky_123
Usually Alloy wheels and Steel wheels vary in thickness.
This is the reason they specify Alloy wheels.

Steel wheels are usually thinner and alloys usually have more of a recess ... Hence the Alloy versions are longer.

Alooy .. usually better

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds