BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rock lobster flange sizes

• George 147
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Mar 2011 21:37 #13493 by George 147
Rock lobster flange sizes was created by George 147
Recently bought a rock lobster complete with ORA mounting kit off ebay. flange to front prop has been drilled to 60mm centers so jimny prop will fit ok. rear prop flange has 55mm bolt hole spacings and so has the input flange. in the process of aquiring a SJ410 front prop to go on the rear which has 55mm spaced holes but I take it the rear diff flange will have to be drilled to suit or could it be possible to get the nesesary 55mm flange for the diff ? Also the input prop hole spacing ( if the person selling the front prop is correct ) is 52mm although it comes off the same vehicle as the front prop would this be correct ? Would the flanges on the transfer box not be all the same hole c-c's anybody got any they want to sell ?

Thanks in advance George 147

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2011 21:31 #14493 by ooky_123
just bringing this back into focus .. I think im going to be in the same boat soon, and need to understand the flange sizes I need

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2011 05:16 #14495 by adamjimny
Replied by adamjimny on topic Re: Rock lobster flange sizes
there are all different sizes (im currently in same process) but what im doing is using prop ends that fit perfect and putting them on the correct length prop. as the ends and uj's can easily be swapped over so with a little faff it will all just bolt together and no need for drilling but you will need the 413 front prop and 410 ends if im right. thats what i have needed but still looking for 413 front prop.

bear in mind 410 props are shorter than 413 sometimes so check the length as you may also need a 413/Sammy front prop

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2011 06:55 - 05 Apr 2011 06:56 #14504 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic Re: Rock lobster flange sizes
410 props are 15mm longer than 413/sammy & are 55mm between bolts

the ideal prop to fit the rear of the jimny with a lobster box is a sammy/413 front prop with the larger 60mm between bolts flanges as that will bolt on the jimny rear diff

you can use either 55mm or 60mm gear to trans prop just use the matching size flange on the trans box

adam why do you want to use the ends off the 410 props ???
Last edit: 05 Apr 2011 06:56 by vitara_mad.

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2011 11:32 #14512 by adamjimny
ah my mistake thought they were shorter hahaha

im using 410 ends as i have the small transfer flanges so they mate up perfect so no need to drill new holes just swap ends and bolt it all up which means less hassle

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2011 13:06 #14514 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic Re: Rock lobster flange sizes

adamjimny wrote: ah my mistake thought they were shorter hahaha

im using 410 ends as i have the small transfer flanges so they mate up perfect so no need to drill new holes just swap ends and bolt it all up which means less hassle

alot of 413 & sammy props have the small ends on anyway its only a few that use the larger ones & you will either need to use a large one on the diff end of the prop or drill your flange on the diff

if you end up with props with the larger ends its prob easyer to just change the flange on the trans box to a large one as you need a large flange for the front output to fit the jimny front prop anyway

More
05 Apr 2011 17:28 #14535 by kirkynut
My Mrs still giggles when I'm chatting to off-road buddies about Flanges!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2011 18:30 #14550 by adamjimny
yeah i have a plan but as they usually go (never works) ill be on here asking if there are any flanges i can steal.....and of course some tranny ones as well :P

hahahaha

More
05 Apr 2011 19:42 #14558 by ooky_123
Just picked up some 413 large flange props .. (mini and front prop). Not knowing exactly what im after ... I may end up with a stock of props and flanges off 413's ... :whistle:

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Apr 2011 04:05 #14576 by adamjimny
im still looking for a 413 front prop :( an eBay guy wanted 50 quid so i told him where to go....might be hard to find but they aren't gold bricks hahahaha

More
06 Apr 2011 07:53 #14587 by ooky_123
Ive just picked up a front and mini prop for £45 inc postage off a guy that was breaking a 413

More
10 Apr 2011 08:12 - 10 Apr 2011 09:41 #14752 by ooky_123
I have a source for large flange props.. Metup with a local guy from Difflock who is doing up his SJ. He trades in spares too. He has about 5 sets of props left (all large flange).
attacked are some pix of what I have .. and a quick snap of the prop ends with a tape across

Fingers crossed now my TX box will fit when it arrives :)

I paid £40 collected for the pair and I had the choice of the best he had All U/J's in excellent condition, no play and with grease nipples. .. postage would have been £55 and I can appreciate why .. they are quite heavy

PM me for his details

Last edit: 10 Apr 2011 09:41 by ooky_123.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds