BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

wet headlining

More
02 Mar 2024 20:39 #254762 by dafyddcoch
wet headlining was created by dafyddcoch
Hi everyone. I've got a confusing problem. The headlining on my 2002 Jimny is wet on one side in the rear, and I have a puddle under the N/S rear seat. I have roof rails, but seem to think that there are  no holes that go right through the roof to attach them. I need to carry my grandkids in the back, so currently, I can only put the youngest on that side as he still has a booster seat he  has to sit on. However, I don't want to wreck the headlining, so it needs to be fixed. Any ideas? Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2024 20:59 - 02 Mar 2024 21:00 #254763 by Hughes
Replied by Hughes on topic wet headlining
The roof rails are held on with welded studs on the outside so shouldn't leak unless they've been impacted/overloaded causing the panel they're spot welded to crack. You would have noticed this though if it was the case. The roof seam (where it is spot welded to the side panel) is under the plastic trim below the roof rail and sealed with the usual mastic / caulking seam sealer stuff they use. The sealant along the join may have deteriorated? I havent gotten round to looking at mine yet, so thats my guess.
I actually need to take mine off and fix it as the plastic is flapping in the breeze currently.
Last edit: 02 Mar 2024 21:00 by Hughes.

More
02 Mar 2024 22:43 #254765 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:wet headlining
Sometimes there is no leak, the tin roof seems to attract condensation on the inside

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
03 Mar 2024 18:48 #254776 by dafyddcoch
Replied by dafyddcoch on topic Re:wet headlining
Cheers for suggestion. However, it is only one part of the headlining (N/S rear) that gets very wet, and only after rain. I have a puddle under the.one rear seat. When in the car when it is raining, you can actually watch the drips. So weird; I've had soft top SJs that leak less! lol.

Maybe I'll take the headlining our and have a look.

More
03 Mar 2024 18:49 - 03 Mar 2024 18:53 #254777 by dafyddcoch
Replied by dafyddcoch on topic wet headlining
Thanks. Hughes. I hope you're correct. as that is at least an easy fix
Last edit: 03 Mar 2024 18:53 by dafyddcoch. Reason: Though my response would appear under the person's message. The way I'd replied made it a bit ambiuguous as to which person I was thanking.

More
04 Mar 2024 06:04 - 04 Mar 2024 11:26 #254784 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic wet headlining
Could be dirt on top of the door seals, especially the rear one. But check seams and studs for the roof rail.

You can loosen the rear door gasket and flip the headlining gently a bit down just enough to stick a small flashlight in there and see.

On My Swift it was the mid roof mounted antenna that was completely loose.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 04 Mar 2024 11:26 by yakuza.

More
04 Mar 2024 18:53 #254801 by dafyddcoch
Replied by dafyddcoch on topic wet headlining
Thanks, will do that just to have a look. Maybe while deploying a hosepipe to the roof
Great idea. Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds