BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny Seats.

More
07 Jan 2024 11:04 #253327 by offroad boy
Jimny Seats. was created by offroad boy
I would like to upgrade the seats in my 2002 jimny. Are there seats which will bolt straight in, Or what do you you suggest as a good replacement.
cheers..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2024 11:12 #253328 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Jimny Seats.
No seats bolt straight in
A common conversion are recaro from ingis sport 
Or fabricate your own subframes to give a flat base. 
Or buy some subframes not cheap 
I got subframes from company that no longer exists and where cheaper than the ones left on the market. 
I have had 3 different types of bucket seats 
Now have W176 Mercedes seats fitted 

More
07 Jan 2024 12:34 #253329 by Phaeton
Replied by Phaeton on topic Jimny Seats.
I thought I had read that Swift seats were 'bolt in' but it was on FB so don't rely on it being true

More
07 Jan 2024 12:46 #253330 by jackonlyjack
Just looked at swift seats and the runners look parallel not off set like the Jimny 
Lot of info on here how to fit ignis seats to Jimny base
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phaeton

More
07 Jan 2024 12:57 #253331 by offroad boy
Replied by offroad boy on topic Jimny Seats.
Thanks for all your comments, I have a salvage yard near me, I might pop in and see what's available.

More
07 Jan 2024 17:50 #253335 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Jimny Seats.
It’s quite difficult to find good quality second hand sports seats that will fit (E.g. Recaro) and when you do they tend to be expensive.

I went for BB6 (Bad Boy Classics) which are British, well made and good value. The come supplied with runners but need a flat base for mounting so you need a sub frame.

I bought sub frames from Masterforest (France), they came in two days and bolt straight in although I had to drill new holes in the sub frames to suit the runners on the BB6 seats.

Masterforest also sell sports seats. Then there is Raptor, they sell seats and sub frames, but the sub frames were out of stock when I wanted them.

See this link for the seats I bought

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/7-jimny...-my-3rd-gen?start=12

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
07 Jan 2024 18:15 #253337 by jackonlyjack
I have a pair of bad boy classics BB5 fibreglass fixed but you have to be slim to fit in them
also have rails and side mounts ........willing to sell 

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds