BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

flashing and constant beep when selecting 4wd low

More
31 Dec 2023 15:46 #253184 by bojangles69
Hi all. just joined but have been reading your helpful posts since buying my Jimny but have a problem that I can't seem to find in searches. I have a 2006 Jimny VVT convertible, push button select. The car had the usual hub pipe issue so I have replaced the hoses from Vvt,s directly to hubs with vacuum hose as the green 4wd light flashed once then nothing.. After this the next issue was it not selecting 4wd so I used the shorting switch cable with wire trick and 4wd selected when button pressed ( solid green light and heard a whirring noise from under car. New switch ordered) My next issue is when I press the 4wd low button the yellow light flashes and I get a constant beeping. Ive done the correct sequence. clutch fully pressed. Moved backwards and forwards but no change. Is there another switch that controls 4wd low that could be faulty or any other ideas. Thank you for all the help and getting me this far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2023 16:44 #253185 by DrRobin
I am never sure if you have to be stopped to engage 4WD-L, but I have always come to a stop first and depressed the clutch.

The wiki has a lot of information on the 4WD system, see here

www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php/4WD...rom_4WD-H_to_4WD-L_2

The example suggest you have to engage 4WD first, but again I don’t know if that is correct.

However, it does say that the yellow L will flash and you will get a repeating bleep if the conditions for 4WD-L are not met.

I am not sure which switch you shorted to get it to go into 4WD, is that the dashboard selector switch or the one on the transfer case? The 4WD-L selector switch is in the same unit.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
31 Dec 2023 17:17 #253186 by bojangles69
Hi Robin. Thanks for the reply. Its the connector to the switch on transfer case. Read in another article to eliminate a faulty switch. I followed all the manual guidelines for selecting 4wd etc.

More
01 Jan 2024 00:54 #253192 by yakuza
Must be completely stopped to engage 4low.
Must first be in 4wd.

Not sure what the point was to short a switch on the case was, if there is a faulty switch it is now static? - but that might prevent it going into 4low.

Check transfer case oil level.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
01 Jan 2024 12:04 #253197 by bojangles69
I was completely stopped. I think the switch is faulty so the forum said you can trick it by shorting the wires. Ive ordered a new switch.

More
06 Jan 2024 09:30 #253289 by bojangles69
ive read that there is a small ball bearing behind the switch. is to loose or could it be stuck/held in? There is nothing loose. Awkward to see but does look like something shiny further in the hole. Maybe it's been previously lost but don't want to be putting a second one in. Help appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds