BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny 2022 squeecky noise from the back when driving away in 1st gear...??

More
27 Dec 2023 11:20 #253108 by sergeho
With my new brand Suzuki Jimny model 2022, utilitary vehicle (2 seater) and manual transmission, BJ74 , I have often a strange, squeecky noise somewhere from the back of the driveline.  Just driving away in 1st gear. Flat road. No off-roading situation. Not always but often . My dealership says they have never heard of it. What I find hard to believe because they already sold a lot of them in Belgium as well. I have seen already a few complains on the internet about this noise. But strangely enough no explanations. Saying "It is normal" does not cut it for me. I need an understandable and technical explanation, if possible. I live in Bruges, West-Flanders , Belgium. The noise was there from the beginning and now still is, after 25000 kms. The noise did not become louder and not more silent, just the same. It worries me. I am a mecanic myself. It seems coming from the rear diff. I did not yet found drawings or explanations about the (rear) differential. This is also my first Suzuki  4WD car. Anyone that could explane something ...? Thank you very much. God bless you all ! (Excuse me when I make mistakes against the english language.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2023 13:35 #253114 by fordem
Diagnosing a noise that you have not heard is almost impossible, all we can do is guess.

Make a recording, host it on youtube and post a link to it.

I'm not a mechanic, but I've been around cars longer than quite a few people and generally speaking axles/differentials rarely squeak, rubber bushes are a possibility, and although I wouldn't expect this on a new car, the needle roller bearings in drive shaft UJs, can, when dry, produce a very distinctive, squee, squee, squee noise, typically when pulling away from a standstill.

Given the "proliferation" of front wheel drive cars, I suppose it's entirely possible that there could be a generation of mechanics out there who have never worked with a rear wheel drive car and have no idea what a dry UJ sounds like.

More
27 Dec 2023 21:54 #253115 by mlines
Get your passenger to hold tight to the mesh grille behind the seats, that was my mysterious squeak

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
29 Dec 2023 09:09 #253140 by lightning
Our 2020 Jimny occasionally makes a sound like this for a second when pulling away in first gear.

lt's always done it and after 17,000 miles nothing has changed.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds