BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

JB74- K15B ECU wiring Pinout Diagram

More
19 Dec 2023 09:33 - 19 Dec 2023 11:32 #252932 by MIghty Zuk
Hi, I've been looking for the ECU wiring pinout for my K15B engine. Been searching and asking everywhere for it but no luck, would anyone have a copy of the wiring pinout diagram. 
I'm currently wanting to rewire the wiring harnesses from the ECU to the transmission. Having the diagram will really help out lots. Thanks 
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Dec 2023 11:32 by MIghty Zuk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2023 09:58 #252933 by mlines
What are you trying to achieve?

The ECU controls the Engine.

The BCU (Body Control Unit) and TCM (on A/T systems) and 4WD module control the rest of the vehicle including the transmission. However the bulk of the communication is now CANBUS so is a data link, not simple sensor signals.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: MIghty Zuk

More
19 Dec 2023 11:32 - 19 Dec 2023 11:51 #252934 by MIghty Zuk
Hi, thanks for the info. 
 I've bought a K15B engine together with the 4 speed A/T transmission but the wires has all been cut therefore I would like to figure out what each wire connects to.
Thanks !
I've attached a picture of the ECU/BCU and the cut wires.
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Dec 2023 11:51 by MIghty Zuk.

More
19 Dec 2023 13:58 #252939 by fordem
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, the wiring is going to be the least of your problems - you're not going to get that running without the immobilizer & keys from the Jimny that ECM came from, or another immobilizer & key set AND a way to program them to one another.

You're also going to need the TCM, BCM and pretty much every other electronic controller the "donor" car had fitted because they're going to look for one another and generate fault codes when they can't find the missing controllers.

More
19 Dec 2023 14:21 #252940 by mlines

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
The following user(s) said Thank You: MIghty Zuk

More
21 Dec 2023 09:21 #252983 by MIghty Zuk
HI, thank you so much for the much needed info!

I've currently managed to rewired the ECU wrings, bypass the immobilizer and the BCM connected. However i was only aware of the TCM after you mentioned it. I then went looking for one. I'll attached an image, would you kindly help me to confirm that this is the TCM for the engine. thanks you!
Attachments:

More
21 Dec 2023 21:58 #252997 by mlines
TCU is - 3E130-78R10

Martin

More
24 Dec 2023 09:15 #253036 by MIghty Zuk
Thanks for the confirmation Martin!

By the way do you know if the wiring harness for the TCU has a part number so that I can look for one online? Or do I have to figure the wiring out.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds