BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

2004 model new owner questions

More
07 Dec 2023 15:33 #252701 by ThatGuy
Hello! As the title suggests, I'm the proud new owner of a lovely 2004 Jimmy. I'm English, I live in Poland and have a German import car, so whilst I do have the original manual, I'm relying on my high-school German from 25 years ago so am probably missing some of the finer details!

I've read the wiki on this site which says that when I shift into 4L, a yellow lamp showing this should illuminate on the dashboard? When I shift into either 4H or 4L I do have a green indicator showing 4WD, but no yellow symbol or indication at all. 4L is operating correctly (currently very snowy here so ideal conditions to test it out!) and as far as I can see, the owners manual makes no mention of a 4L dash indication? Am I missing something?

Similarly, I also have no dash indication for when the headlights are on? Again, no mention of this in the owners manual so I'm not sure if there should even be one or not?

Any help gratefully accepted as I would hate to start pulling the dash apart to replace bulbs for indicator lamps that don't even exist!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2023 16:28 #252703 by Phaeton
I'm also a new owner but of a 2003, I have no yellow light, just a green to say 4WD is engaged on the transfer box, as I am still on Vac hubs, it also engages them. If i go into 4L then nothing on the dash changes just the single green 4WD, I just figured that was the way it was, afterall it's pretty obvious you're in 4L.

Never thought about a light to say lights are on, I look out the windscreen, if I can see they're on if I can't I turn them on :-) but if you leave them on as you open the door the buzzer sounds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGuy

More
07 Dec 2023 16:46 #252705 by ThatGuy
Ahh good to know! Yes, I also use the expedient method of "has it got lighter or not" to know if my lights are on or not, but even with a near 20 year old car I have a slight OCD about everything working as it should...I wasn't joking about ripping the dash apart to replace a bulb, useless bulb or not!!

More
07 Dec 2023 17:49 #252707 by fordem
I could be wrong, but I believe you won't have the 4L light if you have lever select 4WD, it's only on the push button ones. Again, subject to correction, I believe push button 4WD selection came some time after 2005, so 2003 & 2004 wouldn't/shouldn't have the 4L light.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phaeton, ThatGuy

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds