BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny and Insurance

More
04 Jan 2024 18:24 #253251 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Jimny and Insurance
Good news your Jimny hasn't been written off, but boy do the costs mount.

Not to mention you were the innocent party in this avoiding a collision, getting rear ended and having to drive in to a ditch.

Hopefully you now have it back and it drives as well as it did before the incident.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2024 19:26 #253252 by GandHisJimny
Replied by GandHisJimny on topic Jimny and Insurance
Wow, glad to hear it was actually fixed! Especially after my own experience crashing my Jimny and having to let it go. Insurers write-off in a heartbeat, with costs of nearly £7k it will have been very marginal.

Do you know what the full extent of the damage was? Would be very interested in how that spend broke down. I am guessing they had to do some chassis work on the rear axel.

Jimmer II (2007 JLX+ auto in black & silver) : Android head unit, Black Raptor Steering Damper, Yokohama Geolandar G015s, rear cabin light, OEM wind deflectors

More
04 Jan 2024 19:46 - 04 Jan 2024 19:46 #253254 by Phaeton
Replied by Phaeton on topic Jimny and Insurance

Bit of a joke really, 
The whole Auto insurance industry is a joke, it's almost as corrupt as the Houses of Parliament
Last edit: 04 Jan 2024 19:46 by Phaeton. Reason: Spilling mustake

More
05 Jan 2024 00:09 - 05 Jan 2024 06:39 #253257 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Jimny and Insurance
A bit fascinating to observe your problems with insurance in Britain compared to here in Norway. But now I found a similarity with the replacement car.
My VW T5 bus lost the brakes when my wife was on a trip to the horse riding trainer with our daughters. 40km from home.
So the car, 3 persons, two large dogs, two horses and the horse box trailer.
Insurance Company came with a Nissan Micra and told wife to put the car at a near by garage to where it broke down. Dogs not allowed In the Micra except in a cage. No way that would fit. 
I called the insurance Company and made them bring the car back to where we live, then with wife and daughters and dogs in the broken VW on the back of a truck. And luckily friends of ours came by and could pull the horses and trailer back home.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 05 Jan 2024 06:39 by yakuza.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds