BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Add-ons and GVM

More
14 Aug 2023 14:12 #250296 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Re:Add-ons and GVM
As I pointed out, the Jeep was a Wrangler. At the time I was driving a KZJ70 Land-Cruiser fitted with a 3 litre turbo diesel. This, somewhat old fashioned motor, developed 125BHP and 218 lbs-ft torque and transmitted that via a manual box. Old fashioned it might be but it would easily out accelerate the Jeep.

Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2023 15:52 - 14 Aug 2023 15:53 #250297 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Re:Add-ons and GVM

As I pointed out, the Jeep was a Wrangler. At the time I was driving a KZJ70 Land-Cruiser fitted with a 3 litre turbo diesel. This, somewhat old fashioned motor, developed 125BHP and 218 lbs-ft torque and transmitted that via a manual box. Old fashioned it might be but it would easily out accelerate the Jeep.

Roger
But you didn't say what Wrangler. There have been 4 generations of them. And within those generations there have been revisions.

If it was the current JL model, Jeep only sell them with automatics for the EU market. Manuals can still be had in N. America, but they also get a different engine line-up.

The 2.0 petrol engine has 272bhp and does 0-60mph in 7.1 seconds
The 2.2 diesel has 200bhp and does 0-60mph in 8.6 sec

Can't remember if we got the 3.6 V6 model here, but they have 285bhp.

The JL model has been on sale since 2018, so within you're 3 year window.

If it was the previous gen Wrangler known as a JK it most likely would have been the 2.8CRD model with the 5 speed autobox. But they still had 197bhp and 0-62mph time of 10.6 sec (probably high 9's 0-60mph).

Have been unable to find a 0-60mph time for the Land Cruise, although I'd guess it is more like 14 seconds...... !
Last edit: 14 Aug 2023 15:53 by 300bhpton.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 Aug 2023 04:30 #250300 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Add-ons and GVM
I agree that this is now way off topic. Final thoughts on the automatic Vs manual from a dig the manual gets it but a correctly calibrated automatic takes it on a roll. However back to gvm upgrades I think as has been mentioned, moving all none critical services to a trailer is really the only practical way to go. Yes keep the frontal protection on the Jimny and also the under armour but a combination trailer with dedicated living facilities and a useful cargo compartment can be achieved easily enough. This then means that you can loose the drawer system and fridge from the back of the car and also the roof system which has a double benefit of making the car lighter and offering some additional temporary/removable storage. Yes building a trailer is not cheap but neither is getting done for being over gvm. It also means you are mobile whilst at camp without having to break every time you need to go off in the car.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds