BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Doubt about 2" suspension lift and relocation brackets

• BabyJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Sep 2018 02:48 #196019 by BabyJimny
Hello, i want to lift my Jimny 2" with spring spacers, i have stock shocks but they need to be replaced. I read that the rear shock works better with the relocation brackets, the spring spacers i bought come with +50mm brackets for people who stay with the original shocks... so if i put +2" shock absorbers i can fit the brackets too? or it's better to stay with original shock size and just use the shock brackets on them for cope the spring spacer? Regards :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 Sep 2018 04:26 - 16 Sep 2018 04:27 #196020 by Lambert
If you replace the dampers with longer ones you won't need the relocation mounts. If you do use them you are at danger of the dampers topping out under compression which as a minimum reduces travel and at worst smashes the dampers to bits.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Last edit: 16 Sep 2018 04:27 by Lambert.

• BabyJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Sep 2018 19:41 #196032 by BabyJimny

Lambert wrote: If you replace the dampers with longer ones you won't need the relocation mounts. If you do use them you are at danger of the dampers topping out under compression which as a minimum reduces travel and at worst smashes the dampers to bits.

what would you recommend? +2" shocks or use brackets as spacer and relocation (turn the mount 90°). I can't decide because i read too many post that say the brackets are highly recommended for a proper work of the dampers, giving them more freedom to move and a better bottom support.

pd. sorry if i spam you with replies, my internet was doing some weird things trying to reconnect :dry:

More
16 Sep 2018 20:49 #196033 by Busta
It's always best to use longer dampers, but the most important thing to do, whatever suspension parts you fit, is to check the bump stops meet before the dampers fully close. If not you will snap the lower damper mount off. The relocation brackets are especially bad for this.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds