BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Sj410 transfer box

• Mooser
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Apr 2018 20:43 #191154 by Mooser
Sj410 transfer box was created by Mooser
Got hold of an SJ410 transfer box with the mounts for a jimny curious as to what there worth or what’s needed to put it into my Jim as from what iv read there’s more to it than bolting it on

Thanks

Mickie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
02 Apr 2018 07:06 #191167 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Sj410 transfer box
You would need the front prop from a SJ to use as the rear prop on your Jimny (length differences) as well as the intermediate prop from an SJ (again length). If you have a VVT Jimny it affects it a lot more.

It will lower the gearing from the Jimny one and is gears rather than chain driven (so stronger). Some people refer to this a a 'mini lobster' conversion. The next step on is a 'rocklobster', which is a hybrid box made from SJ410 and SJ413 boxes with the gears swapped about and welded (search facebook for Redacted engineering/Richard Redacted for one of these).

Standard t-box high range is 1.3, SJ box is 1.5. Cant remember the low range difference (if any). This will mean that you need bigger tyres to keep it doing the same revs for any given speed/gear (about 31" for that high range).

Grimjeeper is a handy tool to see what the difference is and the gear ratios for Jimnys are in the wiki section of this site.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
05 Apr 2018 12:42 #191320 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Sj410 transfer box
Richard has started producing rear props for his Rocklobsters with the right Jimny specific UJ's on them now. It makes the conversion even easier.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
05 Apr 2018 14:46 - 05 Apr 2018 14:47 #191331 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Sj410 transfer box
You need a mount kit and propshafts appropriate to the mount kit. Different mount kit producers use different prop arrangements. Mine for example uses SJ props front and rear and a standard jimny mini prop

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 05 Apr 2018 14:47 by mlines.

• Mooser
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2018 17:01 #191334 by Mooser
Replied by Mooser on topic Re:Sj410 transfer box
Didn’t know that looks like il be selling then as I have the transfer box and the mounts but no props other than oem jimny

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds