BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Drive round in North Notts.

More
21 Mar 2018 17:57 #190684 by sniper
I was wondering if there are any members of the forum who might like to meet up and have a drive, maybe a bit of lunch and have a nose at each others cars.

This is pretty new to me and I have only driven a few lanes around Mansfield, I suggest a meet at Limes Cafe at Bilsthorpe on the A614.

Eakring Road, down to the dessert is close by, as is Crookford, that's about all I know. There are lots of lanes in the area but I need some more experienced drivers to "lead the way" and show me around a bit.

I would also like to do a few pay and play days but would prefer to do so in a gang, more laughs and less struggle.

It would be good to meet a few members and put faces to cars, pick brains etc.

sniper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 18:06 #190686 by jackonlyjack
I'm in Mansfield not many lanes round here
Desert lane is ok to drive but be very careful not to
be tempted into the desert it's a section 59 if police catch you off the lane

More
21 Mar 2018 20:47 #190697 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Drive round in North Notts.
I've heard of a few around the smaller villages jack, Kirton, Kirklington the Newark side of the 614.

I know about the police operation at the desert, I used to have a bomb around it 15+ years ago when it was a bit more PC. The old bill left you to it, or at worst told you to leave with a flea in your ear.

I haven't had a drive down since then, it used to be a magnet for nicked cars and bikes. I think that is what really caused the start of the of the bills interest, they used to come on the desert and check your motor was kosher. Mine was a swb landmcruiser road car and they generally left me to it but they often did spot checks on motors leaving at both ends of the lane.

I'll have to get some 1:25 maps and have a look, see if I can plan a day exploring, there's some nice pubs in the villages.....

If I can find a few I'll let you know jack, both the lanes and the pubs....

sniper

More
21 Mar 2018 20:55 #190698 by jackonlyjack
Sounds good to me pal :)
If you let me know the lane names /grid reference
I will look on trial wise to check legality

Jack

More
22 Mar 2018 14:52 #190735 by sniper
I had a drive down to Eakring Road this dinner, very quiet but plenty happening off the lane. Fresh tracks everywhere plus a few newish looking police warnings.

Not a lot changes, a couple of burnt cars and plenty of fly tipped crap.

Straight forward enough drive through, one tight spot leaving a ledge that got my heart pumping. Plenty of big puddles some to wheel depth, probably more in the middle but I edge everything slowly.

sniper

More
22 Mar 2018 14:59 #190736 by sniper
The desert itself looks so tempting.......

Must be plenty getting of bad lads getting through still, these ditch barriers look recent.

sniper

More
22 Mar 2018 16:39 #190740 by jackonlyjack
Just can't get my head round why mdc won't open it up as pay n play site missing easy money i think
It used to be a private run pay n play a few years back
And yes one of them puddles does have a big step in it lol

More
22 Mar 2018 20:00 #190756 by sniper
Yes it's a great site and such a pity it's just abused. It wants an operator that runs one now to come up with a plan for it.

Better still some locals to get together and do the lottery funding route, make the place a big adventure park.

A community asset, you know, stopping kids going on illegal tracks by running proper events, leagues and such. Workshops to build and maintain cheaply, teach practical skills. Nature drives, where people can pull a vehicle into a hide. Adventure playground........ I could have a ball with it.

I was very nervous of the water, it was very quiet and I was alone, not the time get stuck in a hole. The lane is a steady drive and there are a couple of spots where you can flex your wheels. Crookford tomorrow then on to a couple around elkesley for a peek.

sniper

More
15 Apr 2018 16:01 #191726 by sniper
Had an explore on a few more lanes today with jackonlyjack, not many pictures as we were pushed for time.

Clowne to Elmton
3 lanes in Shirebrook
Sookholme to Warsop
Crookford

Another look the other side of Elkesley and I should have a half decent route, enough for a good morning out.

Enjoyed the drive today thanks Jack, I'll have a look at the peaks and see what I can see.

sniper
Attachments:

More
  • Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2018 19:10 #191734 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Drive round in North Notts.
Great stuff

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds