BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
12 Jun 2023 14:30 #249507 by DrRobin
Replaced the 360 degree camera controller as it was starting to pack up.
Cleaned the car and checked fluid levels/tyre pressures.
General check over underneath.

Started assembling essential kit for a long trip to some muddy field. No doubt it will need another clean then. Note to self, take portable jet wash.

All ready for the off now, I just need my .ticket to ride'.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2023 15:20 #249524 by Manxman
I DIDN'T change my suspension today. Ordered the Jimnybits +2" kit, which should have different weight front springs (1000 and 1100) to avoid Jimny Lean... but they've sent two identical 1000 springs. Sigh!

Now waiting on a response from their help email...

More
15 Jun 2023 13:21 #249529 by jackonlyjack
Is one longer than the other
their kits usually have 2 different length fronts and rears are identical
The longest spring goes in drivers side front to combat the lean

More
15 Jun 2023 20:49 #249533 by Manxman
They confirmed that they cocked up the order and should have had 2 different front springs - revised driver's side one to follow.... will let you know what happens next! Happy that they replied really quickly at least.

More
16 Jun 2023 16:06 #249538 by Manxman
So - fair play to JImnybits, replacement spring turned up in the post today - I now have the correct weighted 1000 and 1100 front springs :-) will report back when I've got everything fitted.

So, dodgy initial order fulfilment, but good customer service in resolving the problem.

More
16 Jun 2023 20:15 #249539 by Soeley
I filled her to the rafters with camping stuff and put my No 7 on the front 

More
17 Jun 2023 22:20 #249544 by DrRobin
Drove my Jimny 315 miles to the meet up, the furthest I have ever been in her in one day. Took a wrong turning twice due to not downloading map files for the south of the UK into my satnav and therefore navigating by memory, nearly got run in to by an idiot in the wrong lane on a roundabout over the M40 and took a big detour after the A43 was blocked.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
23 Jun 2023 20:21 #249616 by Abudougal
Finally bashed out the old wobbly track rod ends, got the bar on the bench and boy did they take a lot of heat and swearing to get free, luckily the last one came loose just before my poor back gave out.

Got them back on and driving home I noticed the death wobble at 50mph had totally gone, bonus.

Advice for anyone needing to do this.

1. Each side has a different thread so they will loosen in diff directions, don't try to fight the second one tighter like I did:)
2. On the same note the new ones will only fit on the correct side for the above reason, don't spend five mins trying to get a clockwise bolt into an anticlockwise socket like I did..
3. Once you get the new ones in, if you can't tighten the nut down because the bolt is spinning in the rubber boot, put a jack under it to load up some pressure and then give it the beans with the impact gun, boy was I swearing until I worked this out.

More
26 Jun 2023 16:54 - 26 Jun 2023 17:01 #249636 by Scimike
Swapped my dashboard mounted Elvis bobble head for Hula Girl bobble head. This is a nod to Oblivion.Also started a 1300 mile road trip without my caravan. Guess the location, no prize offered or implied.  
The clue is they tested torpedoes here once.
Here's the Jimney. 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jun 2023 17:01 by Scimike.

More
26 Jun 2023 17:30 #249637 by grumyoldjoe
Loch Long, Arrochar
Super placeto visit

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it

More
26 Jun 2023 17:36 #249638 by Scimike
Top marks, 100% spot on.. 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
26 Jun 2023 19:13 #249639 by Manxman
Fitted new +2" Black Raptor rear springs and shocks today - wow what a difference from the old (knackered) Pro Comp set up that was on the vehicle! Back end now nice and level, doesn't bottom out - result. Will fit the front ones later in the week, weather dependant.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds