BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
21 Apr 2024 13:41 #255713 by RumbleAndSway
Couldn’t resist a photo @Hankley, this morning
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Apr 2024 16:14 #255716 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic Re:What did you do to your jimny today?
Polished out the bumper scuffs where one of my SO's scummy neighbours had bashed it and driven off.  Pretty sure we know who did it, from where it was parked at the time and the matching scuff on his Golf.

More
23 Apr 2024 11:55 #255741 by facade
Took the Gen4 for it's 3rd MOT. It passed (good job I checked the wiper blades and spent an hour changing the rubbers) but the HC emissions are creeping up, 11ppm 12ppm, now 14ppm.  I hope this isn't a sign that Suzuki used those low friction oil control rings that gave Toyota their recent reputation as oilburners.....

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
23 Apr 2024 13:10 - 23 Apr 2024 13:12 #255743 by DrRobin
Fitted faux leather mats to the rear of my Gen 4

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Last edit: 23 Apr 2024 13:12 by DrRobin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lookonimages

More
24 Apr 2024 10:45 #255760 by Bob9863
Today I fitted the rear jerry holder, throttle controller and put on the load bars, traction boards and an awning.

I had trouble finding a mount for the boards to fit on my load bars, so ended up using some m8 x 75mm bolts to attach it directly to the bars.
Attachments:

More
24 Apr 2024 10:47 #255761 by Bob9863
Oh I also fitted a little light bar behind the number plate.

Attachments:

More
24 Apr 2024 16:01 #255766 by Roger Fairclough
Do your mirrors fold in?

Roger

More
24 Apr 2024 21:25 - 24 Apr 2024 21:26 #255769 by Bob9863
As it turns out, yes they do.
Not much use in car parks as its already so narrow, but it will be useful off road on over grown tracks.
Last edit: 24 Apr 2024 21:26 by Bob9863.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roger Fairclough

More
25 Apr 2024 19:33 #255779 by francisfung
Green Laning!

The following user(s) said Thank You: gv42

More
26 Apr 2024 13:20 #255787 by DrRobin
Gave it a clean (it was filthy from mud going through roadwork), selective areas polished and then when dry applied a Ceramic Coat.

The black plastic trim was is a terrible state, fortunately’Back to Black’ sorted it, but took a lot of effort.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:

More
27 Apr 2024 06:04 #255793 by Bob9863
The wife wants to go for a tour, so I needed to get some kind of dual battery system I place.
I put in a redarc bc/dc charger today, and hooked it up to a battery box.
Ive ordered an underseat battery cradle that will hopefully arrive next week so ive set it up to mount it in here when it arrives, but i wanted to make sure its running good before it gets here, so far its charging properly, after running it for a week I should have an idea about what to expect on the trip. I just hope the cradle arrives so I can neaten everything up before we leave.

More
29 Apr 2024 15:48 #255820 by JonnyJim
Fitted some dish type floor mats made by Off Road Taniguchi, they will keep the carpet much cleaner than the original Suzuki ones. Bought from Compass Auto in Japan, a great price and even with shipment to the UK saved £60 over what I could have bought similar ones for here.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds