BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Help keep the lanes open

• Smoggy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jan 2013 22:54 #57584 by Smoggy
Help keep the lanes open was created by Smoggy
On Friday 25th January I will be participating in a mass (hopefully) organisation to help prevent the green alliance and other fringe groups in succeeding in their attempts to end recreational trail and 4x4 laning throughout the uk. I would like to think I can count on the support of as many bigjimny members as is humanly possible. I realise this is on a Friday and could be a costly day for most, but believe it is of vital importance to have a good turnout.

Please see the following email from the TRF chairman:

Dear Supporter of our Green lanes,

This is the plea I have sent out on the TRF forum this evening, please do you best to support it. If you cannot attend yourself please at least pass the message onto someone who can.

The TRF victory over the PDNPA and the Chapel Gate ETRO could be short-lived because the Authority has a meeting arranged for the 25th January at the PDNP Head Office to close it again.

I know its a Friday but its vitally important we make a lasting impression on the attendees to that meeting that they are messing with the wrong People. whilst we have speakers inside the meeting from the various user groups the Authority is just not listening to us and ignoring our rights.

We require as many Trailbikers and 4 x 4 vehicles as possible in the carpark at Alderny House BEFORE 9.00am to prevent visitors and members parking easily. We will conduct a Rally and Protest at the highest possible volume, complete with Placards, Banners, loud hailers and advertising.

This will only work if we are in the Hundreds. ( thousands would be good) we have to demonstrate to the Authorities that what they are doing by banning us from the Green Lanes affects a great number of people from allover the country. i implore every TRF Group, every motorcycle and 4 x 4 club to be represented and bring your vehicles ( road legal of course) and bring your Club Flags/ banners for identification as we will be on the Telly and all the papers.

After the Rally we will go out onto the lanes for a mass ride out, maybe more so be prepared.

The purpose of this is to persuade the Authority that it will be easier to work with us than Ban us. We want them to stop wasting the publics money and sit down and talk with us...........I want to be able to threaten the PDNPA that if they don't listen to us i have the power to cause them so much disruption they will regret the day they started this course of action and i can only do it if i have numbers. I can only do it if YOU care enough to take a day off work to be there on the 25Th of January.

Tell your friends, tell the Ramblers, tell everyone we are coming to Bakewell on the 25th........more the merrier. Please post this on your forums.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2013 07:43 #57593 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Help keep the lanes open
Where is it being held ?????? Alderny House ?????

• Smoggy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2013 21:53 #57666 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Help keep the lanes open
I think so. Apparently Bakewell is not a big place and there should be 100's of 4x4's and trail bikes (hopefully) :whistle:

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2013 22:02 #57668 by Sponnie
Replied by Sponnie on topic Re: Help keep the lanes open
Bollocks! Its the day after my OP! Reaper, Stevedumptruck and Skinhead are also close to Bakewell.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2013 23:06 #57679 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Re: Help keep the lanes open
Would defo gone but 400 mile plus round trip for me so bit out of the question :(

• Skinhead
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2013 23:08 #57680 by Skinhead
Replied by Skinhead on topic Help keep the lanes open
Ive been known to protest, shall i wear my doc martins an braces? OI OI :laugh:

I will be there, someone remind me the day before please

• ne-crock
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jan 2013 07:04 #57686 by ne-crock
Replied by ne-crock on topic Help keep the lanes open
I'll check my rota and then it will be funds depending as its just before payday :(

• Smoggy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jan 2013 13:11 #57690 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Help keep the lanes open
thanks for all the support guys, it will be good to put some faces to the names :)

Anyone that can make it most appreciated and plus there will be an afternoons laning to be had :lol:

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jan 2013 13:24 - 10 Jan 2013 13:26 #57694 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re: Help keep the lanes open
But of course when it snows the objectors will be expecting help from 4x4 response units and we will be the greatest thing since sliced bread :evil:

Good luck I cant be there due to work.
Last edit: 10 Jan 2013 13:26 by GuardianAngel.

• Skinhead
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jan 2013 19:47 #58320 by Skinhead
Is this on any other forums? Are we gonna be joining forces with the landrovers? Do you think it will be a good turn out?

• Skinhead
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jan 2013 16:57 #59419 by Skinhead
Whos going tomorrow then? Is it still on?

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jan 2013 19:10 #59433 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Help keep the lanes open
I wish you good luck guys, we need every bit of lane kept open as much as possible ........ ;)

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds