BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Rocklobster for sale on Difflock

More
21 Jul 2010 11:33 #3924 by ooky_123
There is a rocklobster box on Difflock for sale. Anyone in discussion with the seller for it ?
I did email, but received one word replies ..

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Knight.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2010 12:40 #3930 by Knight.
Replied by Knight. on topic Re:Rocklobster for sale on Difflock
Did see it but i have a million other things to do on my jimny berfore i get to that stage.

What were your one word replies?

More
21 Jul 2010 13:28 #3933 by ooky_123
went something like this ...

Me.." Hi, I see you are selling a RockLobster box. Interested in it to fit to my suzuki Jimny.. is it still available?"

Reply.."yes stil hear"

Me.."I see your in <insert location here>.. its a bit far, but would you be willing to courier / accept my courier?"

Reply.."I'm happy for you to get it picked up"..

:S Now ... Throw me a bone here ... Give me a hint of the exact location, confirm the price .... errr .. Hello .... do you want to sell it ?? .... :side: :side: :side:

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

• Knight.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2010 13:49 #3935 by Knight.
Er.....see what you mean, i would ask for his number. Seems a bit strange though? If you are going to sell some thing i thought you woudl put effort into it or is that just me :huh:

More
21 Jul 2010 14:53 - 21 Jul 2010 14:54 #3939 by mlines
Be very careful with buying 410 and Rocklobster transfer boxes without seeing them.

I know a significant number of people have been mis-sold (either accidentally or deliberately) the wrong box.

For those converting they have often been sold a 413 box masquerading as a 410 box ans some people have been sold a 410 box whilst being told its a "Rocklobster" box.

I have built up 3 Rocklobsters over the years. For the first one someone tried to sell me a 413 box telling me it was a 410.

On the third set someone sold me a 410 box claiming it was a 413 (So I gained on that one as a 410 box is worth more!)

ALways go for the "collect" option rather than postage and count the turns on the output to verify the box you are buying

With Rocklobster conversions there is a good way to join the gears inside and an amateur way. The amateur way (bodge welding) fails very quickly.

I strongly recommend Redacted as a good source of Rocklobster boxes that are built with care.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 21 Jul 2010 14:54 by mlines.

More
22 Jul 2010 11:20 #3941 by kirkynut
I echo Martin's comments, I've just fitted my Redacted Rocklobster, still waitning to get the gearstick bent so I can use 4WD but he's a top chap and I'd much rather trust his work than others out there. His reputation is as such!

He can be contacted via difflock and his username is Redacted .

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Knight.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jul 2010 12:02 #3943 by Knight.
kirkynut wrote:

I echo Martin's comments, I've just fitted my Redacted Rocklobster, still waitning to get the gearstick bent so I can use 4WD but he's a top chap and I'd much rather trust his work than others out there. His reputation is as such!

He can be contacted via difflock and his username is Redacted .

Kirkynut

What was the cost of yours from Redacted ?

More
22 Jul 2010 14:21 #3949 by kirkynut
I think I paid £380 including fitting kit and this included a thick metal bucket as a bash guard. It sits in the bucket and the bucket mounts to the chassis.

This included the speedo sensor gear and bracket, so all you have to source is a large flange for the front prop to attach to the transfer box, an SJ 413 front prop with large flanges on either end, an SJ small centre prop (flange not so important as it slides intot he gearbox)and a large flange for the rear prop the fit to the transfer box.

Look at Martin's guides for drilling flanges if you can't get the right ones. I was lucky to be given everything I needed.

It is a comparative package to what ORA offers but at half the price.

He is in Scunthorpe - a long way from us.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
22 Jul 2010 14:23 #3950 by kirkynut
Oh - and he's a busy man as he does it all at home in a workshop at the end of his garden, which is probably the best equipped home workshop known to man!

So don't expect it in less than 6-8 weeks. Longer the more people know about his work!

Kirkynut

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds