BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

WTF??

More
13 Mar 2012 12:21 #35432 by Johnniehec
WTF?? was created by Johnniehec
WTF is the point of these cars (there are loads now) that have one fog light coming on when they turn a corner??
Or even more bizarrely the one at the other side goes out when they turn a corner???:unsure: :unsure:

John.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2012 12:30 #35433 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: WTF??
we had an Ibiza that did this
If the fog lamps are on they stay on but if the foglamps are off when you turn a corner the lamp on the inside of the corner lights to light up the kerb
quote Seat:
"For instance, the front fog lights have cornering ability, which, when necessary, focus automatically on the direction that the car is heading in order to offer you even more safety. Unpleasant surprises behind the next corner? Forget about it."

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2012 13:01 #35436 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: WTF??
My Delica used to do it. The sidelight bulbs in the front were the twin filament ones. (side & brake)
When the lights were on, when you indicated to turn, the side light lit up brighter to light that side up.
Easily disconnected though.
:)

More
13 Mar 2012 17:04 #35451 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re: WTF??
Those stuck on orange indicators that seem to be fitted to all light trucks nowadays worry me, at a glance it looks like they are turning into the road you are pulling out of.

Dunno how they increase safety :silly:

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2012 21:44 #35481 by adamjimny
Replied by adamjimny on topic Re: WTF??
My 60 plate ibiza has them fog lights and when you indicate the side of the direction indicated comes on so not just when cornering.

I asked if it could be turned off but its not possible :S

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds