BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Discuss the BigJimny Shop and Website in this section. Whats good, whats bad, whats ugly! - what would you like to see!

Website "Look and Feel"

• trextr7monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jan 2011 10:00 #9978 by trextr7monkey
Replied by trextr7monkey on topic Re: Website "Look and Feel"
Looking much slicker, the grey on grey header on each post is not too distinct but I'm not grumbling.
Site activity must be correlated to weather driven interest in small 4 x4's such as the Jimny and the friendly nature of this site.
Take a bow Mr Lines!
atb
mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jan 2011 12:35 - 19 Jan 2011 12:37 #9982 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Website "Look and Feel"
Hi Martin

Congratulations on the high posting rates, I go on a few forums and its by far the most active - its almost as busy as diff lock and thats going some.
Must be the friendly helpful approach to things where you can ask a stupid question and not get battered for it unlike some other forums. Its all friendly banter apart from the 'ora front radius arms spat' the other day

Keep up the good work :)

I use IE8 at work - the 'add file' button on attachements is a bit odd as the text is half out of the button
and I agree with you the submit and cancel buttons are odd - have no button just text and the text font is a bit blurry - like a john bull printing set (yes I'm old!)
At home I use google chrome and there we dont get all the page buttons at the top of each topic if there is more than about 8 pages and if we click on pictures where there is a thumbnail we only get the left half of the picture up!

One major gripe - need more smileys!!! :whistle:
Last edit: 19 Jan 2011 12:37 by darthloachie. Reason: god - whish I could trype

More
20 Jan 2011 07:31 #10015 by ooky_123
Looks good. Not sure of the extra large font though, and that shadow on the topic headers is really annoying.

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

• Strek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jan 2011 20:59 #10059 by Strek
Replied by Strek on topic Re: Website "Look and Feel"
Great forum! Super to be able to ask and get answers, not negativity, in return.

Shade on header is blurry, as mentioned. And compared to other forums, this forum shows kind of few posts on each side, so a thread with not that many post look huge, cause a new side is generated every 5th post or so. Personally, I think it would be better with more posts on each side, so that I could use more time reading, and less time loading..
But this is really pickey, all in all, I think the forum is super. Your stats shows that as well.

Keep up the good work!

More
20 Jan 2011 21:20 #10062 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re: Website "Look and Feel"
I have cured the blur on the website front page but not in the forum yet. The problem being that one tiny tweak can cascade (I guess thats why they are called Cascading Style Sets - CSS) through the entire website causing all sort of issue.

I am working on the forum as I know its not perfect, please keep pointing out issues.

Strek, not quite sure what you asking, I think you are asking that I allow more posts per page so it does not create a new page that often. If so then thats easy to do as its a simple parameter tweak. I will do in know and see what everyone thinks.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jan 2011 22:23 #10066 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: Website "Look and Feel"
I think more posts per page would be good :-)

• bertbuckie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jan 2011 07:15 #10078 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: Website "Look and Feel"
the only prob with more posts pere page is i do a lot of surfing connected via GPRS mobile internet and it takes ages to open a page as it is. not sure how many others use this connection tho.

More
21 Jan 2011 07:32 #10079 by mlines
I have been looking at a module that supports mobile operation but have only been half tempted as a significant number of smartphones have no trouble displaying a full webpage.

Unfortunately, this forum does not support "Tapatalk" which is quite popular amongst phone users for forum access.

However it does support RSS (see the small orange segment at the bottom right (scroll down)) of the screen. Therefore an RSS reader on your phone would get a "thinner" version of the forum.

I have upped the posts per page to 12. If this is giving anyone significant issues then let me know.

Martin

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

• bertbuckie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jan 2011 07:42 #10081 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: Website "Look and Feel"
Sorry, I didnt mean I used my mobile to surf as such, i connect via gprs and wifi teather to my laptop.
If i get any major issues I will let you know :)

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jan 2011 08:59 #10083 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: Website "Look and Feel"
Yeh this site works well on my HTC Desire, also like the new posts per page... great stuff!

More
21 Jan 2011 15:26 #10090 by mlines
Is anyone using Internet Explorer V7 and can tell me how the front page looks???

Is there a nice blue message across the middle?

Is there a nice search box in the top right corner.

If these are missing for anyone can you let me know

Martin

Martin

More
21 Jan 2011 16:05 #10095 by mcjimny
Replied by mcjimny on topic Re: Website "Look and Feel"
Another positive from me too, love the new look. Great site, to echo others its one of the most active forums i use too. I think as its aimed squarely at 1 vehicle it makes a big difference, your post can get lost a bit in a sea of sj and vit stuff on difflock. I've been on here a while now and think its a great community.

My only feedback would be that the forum posts could do with some tidying up - without over moderating it. Theres a few tech questions in the general bit etc.... not a major issue i know but it helps to have it in the right section.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds