BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Discuss the BigJimny Shop and Website in this section. Whats good, whats bad, whats ugly! - what would you like to see!

"special tool"

• Mala43B
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2011 20:54 #19329 by Mala43B
"special tool" was created by Mala43B
Hi all just got the special tool to remove the hub nuts on my Jimny from bigjimnystore.com.
I ordered it on the 16-July and it came on the 19-July so fast delivery too.

My first impressions are that its quite substantial and seems tough enough for the task and its well plated so it should last. Not quite sure about the machined 19mm nut on the end meaning I need to use a socket, would of preferred it to be 1/2" square drive so it could go straight onto the torque wrench.

Any how once I have tried it I'll tell all of how it performs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2011 04:21 #19330 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Re: "special tool"
Hi Malcolm
That's handy - I'm over at South Shields - what are your rental charges :whistle:
Have you checked out NorthEastLaners - local bunch (mainly disco owners) doing monthly GreenLanes around the region. Haven't hooked up with them yet as most runs are on Sundays, but next month will be starting Wed & Sunday runs - I'll be on the the guinea pig Wed run as work on Sundays.
;)

More
22 Jul 2011 06:05 #19331 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re: "special tool"
When using the tool make sure the pegs and holes are clean and the tool is seated fully and squarely against the "nut" you are releasing.

The nut has an ident to lock it in place. Make sure this is bent out otherwise you will never undo it against the lock.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Mala43B
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jul 2011 04:30 #19741 by Mala43B
Replied by Mala43B on topic Re: "special tool"
I've now used the tool and if fitted and worked perfectly.

If anyone needs this tool I would recommend it and I'd say don't get the official one from Suzuki.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds