Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Did you spot a Jimny on the road?
Report it here.

Yellow SZ5 Largs to Gourock

More
15 Sep 2020 18:30 #228240 by Dan
Seven months in, got my first flash from another Gen4 owner - there's not many about obviously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2020 19:41 #228244 by Soeley

More
15 Sep 2020 20:06 #228246 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic Yellow SZ5 Largs to Gourock
It was a pleasant surprise.

More
16 Sep 2020 07:33 #228251 by lightning
There's a couple round here, both black ones.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 Sep 2020 09:03 #228252 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Yellow SZ5 Largs to Gourock
There's something like 9 or 10 different 4s round the harrogate area, some of whom even wave back.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
16 Sep 2020 12:27 #228255 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Yellow SZ5 Largs to Gourock
In just over 18 months I've only seen three Kinetic Yellow Jimny's in Scotland (one of them being mine). Most waves/thumbs up/light flashing has come from non-Suzuki 4X4 drivers - all of whom seem to react very positively to the G4 Jimny. I'd say that I've probably seen about 6 silver ones with English plates and only one metallic blue one - which was my original preference but they are apparently rarer than rocking horse droppings. And no it wisnae me on the road to Nardini's for a wee ice cream!

More
16 Sep 2020 21:14 #228274 by Jimny-Phil
Are there any statistics as to which colour Gen 4's are the most or least common, or were they all produced in roughly the same numbers?

Does anyone know?

PJ

2020 Brisk Blue JB74 SZ5

More
18 Sep 2020 09:45 #228303 by stiffsteve204me
Would it be you along the Moray Firth, Bob? A pal of mine waved to one, around Lhanbryde way, thinking it was me?

In fifteen months of ownership, I have seen only two other Gen 4's. Both in England. Both white.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

More
19 Sep 2020 11:43 #228335 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Yellow SZ5 Largs to Gourock

stiffsteve204me wrote: Would it be you along the Moray Firth, Bob? A pal of mine waved to one, around Lhanbryde way, thinking it was me?

In fifteen months of ownership, I have seen only two other Gen 4's. Both in England. Both white.

Steve.

Quite possibly that was me en-route to the Fochabers Fish Bar for a 'cooked-to-order' fish tea. Did pass a silver one in Lossie though and once again it was on English plates. Kinetic Yellow paintwork ensures I cannot drive about in stealth mode but then again no-one could reasonably claim "Sorry mate I didn't see you coming"!

More
11 Oct 2020 09:29 #229016 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic Yellow SZ5 Largs to Gourock
I saw a yellow SZ5 on the other side of the Clyde at Dumbarton yesterday morning. Could have been the same one as a month ago. Noticed it was a '69 plate this time.

Still a bloody rare thing to see them though, I think I've seen a couple of white models in the South of the country and a fine looking blue model on the Kelso ring road, but that's been it.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds