× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

Spanish Samurai rear brake adjustment

More
07 May 2024 19:18 #255903 by lesgrandepotato
After the Gatescarth extravaganza I’m feeling the need for a more effective handbrake and perhaps a better pedal. 
I rebuilt the brakes with new cylinders and shoes last year. 
Two things seem apparent. The self adjusters, well don’t and after a few 100miles the shows gave bedded in. 

So I’ve pulled the shoes off, cleaned and lubed the adjuster. 
But how does it work? Reverse up to adjust? Handbrake action? Never? 
It doesn’t seem to be the same setup as the jap ones.. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2024 20:18 #255904 by yakuza
Mine had a SJ413 Ebrake on the transfer mounted luckily. Much better in my opinion if you can source the parts needed. A swap to a 410 transfer is ok too if you got lager tyres and would like a bit lower gears.
Come to think of it you might have the wider flanges on your drive shafts so might not be so easy..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
07 May 2024 20:27 #255905 by lesgrandepotato
Hey Yakuza, I’m running a set of 4:16 drop gears already in the T case.
I can see some messing about to get this working then a disc conversion on the rear

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds