BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

Grand Vitara 1,6 2008 3 door blinking rec light

• mickt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jul 2021 18:35 #236838 by mickt
Daughter just acquired it and it came with the defect and the AC does not produce! I used a code reader obd socket and no history there but that looks like it is just the engine is covered. So I then found the blink test and although I got a product it has left me a bit confused. Following the instructions I got the following result . Starts off with both REC  FRE lights on. Then just the REC light then 4 more sequences with both lights on. When the FRE button is pressed it comes on then goes off and the REC light comes on and blinks. If REC is pressed it comes on then starts blinking! I removed the glove box and found the fan and three other actuators. When REC is selected the flap opens fully. The two actuators don't seem to move but I did have full cold selected. I then pulled their plugs in turn and upon refitting the actuators cycle. So I assume they are not the fault. From the result of the blinking ignoring the first line I have 5REC and 4 FRE results. The SDC table records that as "Engine coolant temperature sensor and/or its circuit malfunction". Now  the engine gauge records as expected so is there more than one sensor or is the engine one double tasked? And where are they on the engine?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 Jul 2021 05:18 #236843 by Lambert
Unfortunately I can't help as my gv was a 2.4 and I never encountered this problem.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• mickt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2021 10:01 #236845 by mickt
Thanks for reply. Hopefully somewhere someone might have a clue. Why cant suzuki just go full obd system instead of this flashing light thing. One thing on the test it mentions is to shine a 100w lamp at a sensor on/in the overhead lamp. As the car was well hot because of the weather I did not bother doing that. Was that a problem I wonder?

• mickt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jul 2021 15:50 - 07 Aug 2021 11:52 #236927 by mickt
Proved all the actuators worked by increasing the temp so they are basically serviceable as a item. Still need some info on the circuit wiring for the coolant sensors mounted on the engine.
Last edit: 07 Aug 2021 11:52 by mickt.

• mickt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Aug 2021 11:52 #237364 by mickt
Turned out that regassing the air con fixed the warning light! Good old Suzuki!!

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds