BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

Vitara vs Jimny

• SteBurns
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Feb 2014 10:33 #105500 by SteBurns
Vitara vs Jimny was created by SteBurns
Hi guys,

Some of you may remember me being on here a while ago as a proud Jimny owner, however I sold it for several reasons... Mainly it was RUBBISH on the motorway and gave terrible MPG as I tried hopelessly to keep up with motorway traffic, and the one I bought had been green-laning and wasn't in very good mechanical condition. Despite this I loved it and miss it, and it never let me down!

So, I'm now considering a Vitara... Budget is £2000, preferably a GV1600 convertible. I WON'T be doing any green-laning so I want a nice clean one.

I was wondering if you guys could advise me at all, and reassure me perhaps that it's a better 'every-day' car than the Jimny. I'm sure many of you have owned both!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2014 10:47 #105502 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Vitara vs Jimny
I had a gv2000 5door. Lovely car, still high revving but it was bombproof reliable, very powerful but also juicy.
Ride was very comfortable.

• Paul_sterling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Feb 2015 19:25 #138240 by Paul_sterling
Replied by Paul_sterling on topic Vitara vs Jimny

SteBurns wrote: Hi guys,

Some of you may remember me being on here a while ago as a proud Jimny owner, however I sold it for several reasons... Mainly it was RUBBISH on the motorway and gave terrible MPG as I tried hopelessly to keep up with motorway traffic, and the one I bought had been green-laning and wasn't in very good mechanical condition. Despite this I loved it and miss it, and it never let me down!

So, I'm now considering a Vitara... Budget is £2000, preferably a GV1600 convertible. I WON'T be doing any green-laning so I want a nice clean one.

I was wondering if you guys could advise me at all, and reassure me perhaps that it's a better 'every-day' car than the Jimny. I'm sure many of you have owned both!

I've owned two Vits Ste, and have a Jimny on order.

File Attachment:

the vits are comfortable, more room inside, not as economical (depends on engine variant really) but that reflects that they are a bit bigger, bit more road biased, but more expensive to buy new, and so on.

Suzuki intend for the Jimny to be the entry motor, followed by the Vitara, with maybe the swift or SX4 in the mix too, but moreoften people stick with one type or the other.

Paul.

More
20 Feb 2015 19:55 #138619 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Vitara vs Jimny
I love the Vitaras but after having four I couldn't see myself in a fifth - until now. I wish I had never parted with my '91 auto. No cat,had a carburettor and was low miles. Jimny, Ravs, Pinin and still think it is the best generally. I am now looking for another or a Pajero Junior. :ohmy:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds