BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

New blue one, well new to me.

More
27 Jun 2022 19:31 - 27 Jun 2022 20:39 #243861 by Abudougal
So I bit the bullet today and forked out for an 05 plate which is actually not too rusty, the plan is to have some fun with it over summer and then in winter get it all stripped down, get the cab off and derust/paint the chassis and get it really nice and sorted for next year.

I'm not the best mechanic ever but I'll have a bash and I'm sure there will be loads of questions, the first of which is that the cold/hot knob for the heater is stuck at cold which is pretty annoying because when I test drove it the thing worked great, anyone know an easy fix for that?

I'm going to change the fluids, engine gearbox, transfer case etc, the plugs are fine and so is the air filter but obvs I'll do the oil, the tyres are bang on and it drives like a charm, pretty zippy as long as you're not going uphill.

Ill get under it soon and the plan is to spread about as much rust killer as possible now to stop anything getting worse until I can get it all apart to do a proper job, might try to fettle the wheels too - theyre a bit ugly.Any more recommendations for stopgap jobs?

File Attachment:

Last edit: 27 Jun 2022 20:39 by Abudougal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Jun 2022 03:27 #243867 by Lambert
The heater control is done with wires operating on plastic cams that are visible and and therefore exposed from each front foot well. They get kicked and dislodged or broken. They are white and very obvious if you kneel down and look into the foot well under the dashboard.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
28 Jun 2022 06:50 #243869 by Abudougal
Thanks for that, I was about to go digging into the front, I'll see if I can free up whatever is stuck.

More
28 Jun 2022 10:00 #243872 by DrRobin
Nice looking Jimny, I hope you fix the heater easily.

That is an impressive winter restoration, remember to post pictures.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
28 Jun 2022 10:26 #243874 by Abudougal
Funny you should mention that, I jumped in this morning and it was working perfectly, I think it's just going to be one of those "features".

Today's fix was to a rubber bung in the middle of the drivers floor area, the carpet was wet so I pulled it up and there was a hole in the rubber gromit, dob of silicon and I should have dry carpet again.

Now hunting for the little plastic clippy things that hold the side and rear quarter trim on as I have a few missing...

More
11 Jul 2022 11:17 #244045 by Abudougal
Found the trim clips and there are different ones for the door panel and the quarter panel, if anyone needs just one or two I now own a huge bag of each so just shout.

The various oils and filters have arrived and I need to get those done but I'm also building up a knowledge base (translation - watching videos online) of how to lift the tub off the chassis, any helpful resources in that department much appreciated.

Its going for a thorough off road test soon, hopefully I'll get some good pics then.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds