BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

vibrating between 65 and 75 and clanking noise when accelerating

More
18 May 2022 18:03 #243353 by djmdaniel
hello, when i accelerate in my 2003 jimmy there is a clanking noise and when it dose 65 to 75mph it vibrates quite harshly, the jimmy has done about 47000 miles. i went under the car to have a look and took some videos   

youtube.com/shorts/mcXwGBplI1E?feature=share

youtube.com/shorts/9JQylD-ES9o?feature=share

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2022 20:58 #243356 by Scimike
Hi and welcome,
Its a little difficult to offer any accurate suggestions from the information provided at the moment.
I can say that the back lash in the prop shaft (video 1) looks ok and video 2 is only interesting in the fact you are hitting the rear wheel, is this the location of the noise or vibration in your opinion?

You need to get under the vehicle and check everything, universal joints on the prop shaft, engine and gearbox mounts, wheel bearings, kingpins etc.
You also need to lift each wheel to check for movement and noise when you rotate them.
The tyre looks new, are they balanced and are they a standard size or larger? Only asking as large tyres can touch the bodywork.

Any other information you have please take the time to post, it helps everyone to determine the most likely cause.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
28 May 2022 16:54 #243476 by djmdaniel
hi, thank you, i put the rear axel on stand’s and took some  videos, i think it must be bearings, what do you think, thank you 
youtube.com/shorts/lTkO5gY3Nes?feature=share
youtube.com/shorts/CmQzhJ0Z2e8?feature=share

also took some videos of the play in my stearin wheel and the wobble in gear stick is this normal, if not what could it bee, thank you 

youtube.com/shorts/dCrZWU4aqFc?feature=share

youtube.com/shorts/tO6vqPW-5lA?feature=share

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds