BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

OctaneJimny's SZ5 Chiffon Ivory manual.

More
01 Jul 2019 14:27 - 02 Jul 2019 09:41 #210486 by OctaneJimny
It's only flippin' here after a dreaded 7 months wait.....

Suzuki Jimny SZ5, Manual, Chiffon Ivory.
I picked it up last Wednesday and I dropped the car off at home then went on holiday so unfortunately haven't been able to have a play until this weekend. I LOVE IT! Went out for a drive with the Mrs in the peak district and had a blast. Its a strange mixture of being a serious off-roader whilst being utterly hilarious at the same time. Had many looks, a few thumbs up and a man who tripped over looking as he walked past. I'm enjoying the head turning capability of it. As a man, I've always believed we shouldn't name cars...... So meet Chalky.

I will like to start this thread as I'm hoping to do an in-depth review, Keep a log of bit and bobs I'll be doing to it and any adventures I will be going on.

Thanks all,
OctaneJimny.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Jul 2019 09:41 by mlines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2019 20:31 #210497 by Soeley
Congratulations, looks great with that backdrop.

More
02 Jul 2019 08:49 #210505 by Gadget
Congrats on the car!

Best colour too ;)

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jul 2019 13:52 #210511 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic OctaneJimny's SZ5 Chiffon Ivory manual.
Great photo, nice jimny. You need to show it off at the Bigjimny meet in October ;)

More
02 Jul 2019 21:11 #210524 by OctaneJimny
Thank you all for the kind words!

I would love to come to the big Jimny meet in October but unfortunately I won't be able to attend due to prior arrangements. I would love a northern meet at some point, the peak district would make an excellent place.

Since I've had the SZ5 home I have managed to fit some rear mudflaps I have adapted from some old Impreza WRX ones I've had for a while. Nice and wide unlike the Suzuki ones available. I will be fitting the fronts on tomorrow. As they are not standard I'll have to do a bit of jiggery pokery but I'm all about homebrew modifications. I've also fitted some LED daytime running lights, I have documented how to do it which I'll post at some point also. Loving the Jimny experience so far.

OctaneJimny.

Attachments:

More
02 Jul 2019 21:17 #210525 by Gadget
Check out the wiki, instructions on how to swap the DRL bulbs for LEDs already in there :)

www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Jul 2019 04:43 #210530 by Lambert
What is the yellow ring thing for on the lashing point?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
03 Jul 2019 06:56 #210537 by OctaneJimny

Lambert wrote: What is the yellow ring thing for on the lashing point?

Hello Sir.

It has no practical use whatsoever. The ring is what is called a "Tsurikawas" used by "Bosozoku" gang in Japan. They are the grab handles in subway trains that Bosozoku gangs in the 80's used steal to show rebellion and disrespect to authority and hang them on the outside of their cars. Usually as the 'finger' towards the police. Some of them were worn on the rear bumpers of their lowered cars and dragged on the ground until the ring wore away just leaving the strap. This showed they didn't just modify their cars for looks, They drove them everywhere. As a fan of the Japanese car culture, I have one on my car.

Orrrr you could call it a teething ring or a toilet chain which my friends affectionately call it. Bunch of philistines!!!!

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Jul 2019 07:24 #210539 by Lambert
Good man!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
03 Jul 2019 18:37 #210560 by Soeley
Nice flaps :blush: Similar to mine, I thought they were too glossy at first, but have got used to that and like them now. I still have to do the fronts though.

Mud Flaps
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

More
04 Jul 2019 09:06 #210589 by OctaneJimny
Looking good your mudflaps Souley, Better than the Suzuki ones in my opinion. Only difference I think with mine is the extend out a little bit further. I've done it like that so when I get some chunky tyres in the future the wont be sticking out wider than the flaps.

More
04 Jul 2019 11:35 #210606 by Soeley

OctaneJimny wrote: Looking good your mudflaps Souley, Better than the Suzuki ones in my opinion. Only difference I think with mine is the extend out a little bit further. I've done it like that so when I get some chunky tyres in the future the wont be sticking out wider than the flaps.

Cheers, I have no plans on changing the tyre yet, so these cover quite well. I would have preferred them a little longer to be honest, but wanted the inside to go up to the bumper/arch joint.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds