BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My 2013 Jimny

More
07 Mar 2021 20:28 #233518 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic My 2013 Jimny
I've just found the source of an annoying "knock" that happed randomly, never constant, smooth or rough roads may or may not generate the noise.
As Lambert said it was the exhaust, in my case the rear silencer box was hitting the towbar cross bar. 
Shaking the exhaust via the tail pipe DID NOT result in the noise, however a shake via the mid pipe and the knock was present. It was the second rubber support on the silencer stretching with age ( furthest away from tail pipe), in essence lowering it close to the crossbar resulting in a very random knock. 
Worth a check but you need to get under the car to shake the exhaust.
Good luckMike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sergiu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Mar 2021 06:58 #233539 by Sergiu
Replied by Sergiu on topic My 2013 Jimny
@Lambert, @Scimike, thank you for the suggestions, I'll try to get under the car and check the exhaust this week.

More
05 Apr 2022 18:33 #242756 by felipebaldasso
Replied by felipebaldasso on topic My 2013 Jimny
Hi sergiu! I have the same problema you related above... "The next issue I had was related to the vacuum system and the 4WD controller, probably because I have a type 9 Jimny the 4WD controller was updated and expects input from the vacuum switch for both locking (closed circuit) and unlocking (open circuit), so shorting the switch would not work".

But in your case, you still have those pipes going to the hubs... but unfortunately I don't have that. Could you help me?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds