BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Re:White 5SZ, still waiting for the sat nav

More
05 May 2019 11:18 #207367 by johnjohanaphy
Had my first month service and they told me that I'd have to wait two months from the purchase date to get sat nav, I'd also have to wait six months from the purchase date to register it (I don't understand able that) probably because I'm now living in the Philippines

Sent from my BBD100-1 using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2019 11:27 #207370 by johnjohanaphy
Android set up and the dream car

More
06 May 2019 04:31 #207420 by johnjohanaphy
Well it's a Suzuki Jimny SZ5 all grip, I've owned it about five weeks .
I went to Butuan Suzuki with my wife and said to the salesman "I'd like that one there" and I was lucky because the head of Suzuki in the Philippines (where I live) was visiting that branch and he told them to sell it to me, so I had a dream of mine granted

More
06 May 2019 05:27 #207422 by stiffsteve204me

GeorgeC wrote: Hi John,

Nice Jimny, a good set of photos. The one that grabbed my interest was of the tyres, Dunlop. :huh:
Tell us more please, model, type, size, etc.
cheers George

You do not have permissions to access this page.

It looks like these are fitted, George.

www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/dunlop/grandtrek-at20/

File Attachment:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnjohanaphy

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 May 2019 06:48 #207427 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:White 5SZ, still waiting for the sat nav

johnjohanaphy wrote: Android set up and the dream car

Dreams DO come true! Congrats on the car. White is perfect for blazing hot climates. Very nice, and welcome to the forum.

More
06 May 2019 09:34 #207439 by zukebob
Welcome to the forum John.....and from the sound of it, welcome as a fellow retiree to the Philippines

Regarding your initial questions, the car will be registered by the dealership. If you paid cash for the car, you will receive the original OR/CR in the mail. If you financed the car, the bank will receive the originals and you will have photocopies supplied by the dealership. It took about 3 weeks or a month before we received ours. It might be longer now. Just be sure that you keep the sales documents in the glove box until the OR/CR arrives. At that point, keep those with you at all times. 2 Months probably isn't too bad since the license plates take 2 to 3 years to receive. Welcome to the Philippines.

As far as the Sat Nav system I'm not completely clear as to which model you have. You mention an SX5 (are you from the UK?) but in the Philippines they are known as the GL (base version) and GLX (upgrade version). From the pictures you posted, it looks like you may have the GL. If they are providing a Sat Nav unit for it, the 2 months may be the time it takes to get it in-house.

All-in-all, you should feel lucky you were able to get it. As you probably know, the release isn't supposed to be until next month. One other dealership I am aware of sold theirs but they ended up in a bit of trouble with Suzuki. All I can say is 'well done'.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnjohanaphy

More
06 May 2019 09:52 #207442 by johnjohanaphy
I do have the GLX version and yes I am from the UK, got married to the most gorgeous gal last September and went back to England so as to take early retirement, sell up (house, car etc) and move out here permanently

More
11 May 2019 10:57 #207721 by johnjohanaphy
I got my sat nav and they installed my 3 in 1 camera, (reverse, dash and cabin).
Have to go back for seat covers and Android Auto

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds