BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My newly purchased Jimny

More
19 Feb 2018 21:26 #189483 by Chrisl
I have fancied buying a Jimny for a few years and with a pal of mine buying an Sj , I finally managed to pick up a 1999 model with 82k on the clock and 11months mot together with 3 x Insa Dakar 195 80 15’s with the 4th being a different make which is a shame but easily sorted.
I recently took it to Aldermaston pay and play and boy was I impressed !
I have since lifted it with a Pro comp 2” kit although yet to get dirty again yet. I did consider a Trailmaster lift kit but could not justify the extra price as the car is not going to be a daily driver but a off road only toy.
Hope I have made the right decision ....
Next on the list is a Jimnybits winch in bumper kit and some rear recovery points, will update in due course.

While posting I need a spare wheel as it came with a standard steel rim and road tyre, does anyone recognise what wheels are on the car as I haven’t got the foggiest and would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2018 22:21 #189487 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic My newly purchased Jimny
I posted on your other thread :)
Get a transfer box guard if you haven't already ;)

Enjoy your jim

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A...2Fitm%2F222816533684

More
19 Feb 2018 22:33 #189489 by Chrisl
Replied by Chrisl on topic My newly purchased Jimny
No, I haven’t
It’s on my list now
Ta

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2018 08:03 #189506 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic My newly purchased Jimny
Worth changing the transfer box mounts to HD ones. The original one are a bit weak.

More
20 Feb 2018 10:28 - 20 Feb 2018 10:33 #189517 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic My newly purchased Jimny
Looks good. Welcome along!

The wheels are old Vitara chromed steel wheels. Keep an eye on eBay if you're worried but the standard wheel will be fine as a spare. Just get a cover for it. Factory Shop sometimes have them cheap!

I ran Pro Comp shocks for years with no issues apart from the shock bushes wear but they're cheap and easy to replace.

I'm sure the Trail Master stuff is far better but as an occasional off road toy do you need to spend that money?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 20 Feb 2018 10:33 by kirkynut.

More
20 Feb 2018 18:22 #189534 by Chrisl
Replied by Chrisl on topic Re:My newly purchased Jimny
Thanks for making me welcome, so far my list comprises of
:- transfer box guard
Hd mounts for t box
Winch - currently researching this ...

Already have the winch plate/recovery points front and rear so in my limited spare time I’m going to be busy.
I’m sure there will be other bits that I will come across in the next month or so.
Thanks again chaps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More
20 Feb 2018 18:42 #189538 by kirkynut
Ah, the slippery slope!

Get a 9000lb or more winch. If it's only for occasional use it can be one of the cheaper brands like Winchmax or T-Max. Don't skimp on the wiring. These isolator switches are much better than the ones with the red key: www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/product.p...switch-classic-style they don't melt!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds