BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Dan's Blueish Black

More
18 May 2019 15:56 #208270 by stiffsteve204me
Replied by stiffsteve204me on topic Dan's Blueish Black

Daniel30 wrote: A. Nice overcast day so gave the jimny a bit of loving as I have purchased a 1989 mini that I have been spending my time on, so felt sorry for the jim, out came the buckets, snow foam etc and a proper clean she had.
I had taken the old rock sliders off and replaced them with the jimny bits ones that are now fully bolt on :)

Dan, ( May i call you Dan? ), your, Jim looks "Understatedly (sic) capable. Not too "aggressive", just able to do what you want, and do it well, by the look of things.
Thanks for posting. :)

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 May 2019 16:42 #208276 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Dan's Blueish Black
Yeah of course :)
Thanks Steve, yeah it's there now the upgraded rocksliders were the last mod now all done and very capable for what I use it for, certainly shows a few 4x4's up at a pay and play I go to ;)

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
18 May 2019 16:51 #208278 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Dan's Blueish Black
Looking good B)

New rocksliders hug the body and look a lot neater as well. I have the older weld on version which looks the same. They do catch a lot of clart mind. Mine sit lower because of the body lift and look a bit daft in comparison :whistle:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 May 2019 17:28 #208279 by Daniel30
Thanks Riccy
I did buy some others off ebay but were delivered damaged twice and the coating was very thin so I returned them, now trying to get a refund!
These are great quality very pleased, at least your rockslders will still do the job ;)

More
18 May 2019 20:01 #208289 by raLLe
Replied by raLLe on topic Dan's Blueish Black
I really love the wheels, what are the specs? And where did you buy it? And the brand name?

Sorry, im new into the jimny world :)

My Instagram - wanderlust_jimny

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 May 2019 20:22 #208290 by Daniel30
Hi,thank you, no need to be sorry this is what the forum is for ;)

15"x7'' Black Modular Steel Wheel from Jimny Bits mine are offset I'm not sure if they still sell the offset ones you could ring and ask them :)

More
18 May 2019 20:34 #208292 by raLLe
Replied by raLLe on topic Dan's Blueish Black

Daniel30 wrote: Hi,thank you, no need to be sorry this is what the forum is for ;)

15"x7'' Black Modular Steel Wheel from Jimny Bits mine are offset I'm not sure if they still sell the offset ones you could ring and ask them :)

Thanks! And really cool webpage!! :)

My Instagram - wanderlust_jimny

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Oct 2019 12:31 #214171 by Daniel30
So that time if year again today and she sailed through, inspector said it is the cleanest 4x4 he ever mot's :D don't know if that's a good thing :D

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Oct 2019 19:47 #214216 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Dan's Blueish Black
Congratulations Dan. One question, however do you find the will power to have only covered 5k since 2016? I do that in 6 months!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Oct 2019 20:25 #214219 by Daniel30
Thanks Lambert, Well I work from home so no real travel to work - good or bad thing I don't know :D plus I have the mini for the summer and nice winter days as well now so might be less next year, but I do plan on some more green lanes next year ;)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Oct 2019 04:28 #214228 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Dan's Blueish Black
We have had cars doing that sort of mileage in the past often just sitting waiting for a job to do and that is not ideal, its much better if they are only getting a few miles regularly like a trip to the Asda's every week with enough time to warm through they don't tend to go off so much as if they are just sat for a month or more unused.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Oct 2019 06:59 #214232 by Daniel30
Yeah I agree, normally when I take it out it's just enough to get everything up to temperature :) the trip to the mot station is a nice drive half an hour on the dual carriage way, a good chance to blow cobwebs away and check there is no wobble :D one of the kingpins is on the way out but I will change after the Bigjimny meet.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds