BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My still standard Jimny

More
11 Apr 2009 03:27 #548 by gorkur
Hello there!

Been lurking around on this site for a while and decided to finally join up :)

Long story short, I was looking for a no bull**** 4x4 that got the job done. I had already owned a Suzuki SJ so I decided to look that way again. Bought a new Jimny last year with plans to modify it but haven't been able to because of economic reasons (stupid Icelandic bankers :angry: )

However, even if it's still standard I've done quite a bit of off roading on it and am amazed at how well my little beast performs. I've driven quite a few 4x4's and I think I can safely say that this is one of my favorites, along with the Niva and the LWB SJ I had. Only gripe I have is the steering wheel shaking under heavy braking.

Oh, I'm guessing you'd like some pics. Got no in action pics, but then again I'm usually too busy driving the thing to take action pics.

And one of the two of us together :P

I'd also like to ask a question, I had a long wheelbase SJ like this one:

I had it on 35" whenever I went off the asphalt and it was completely unstoppable, even if it was poorly modded. But whenever I see a picture of these online they are Icelandic. If anyone knows of a site with nice info on these trucks and/or even some videos I would really appreciate it :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2009 18:00 #549 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:My still standard Jimny
welcome to BigJimny!

Nice looking Jimny, I hope that you manage to start modifying it soon as Icelandic 4x4s are always worth looking at.

We have Long Wheel Base SJs in the UK, just go to www.difflock.com and search for LWB in the Suzuki section.

Here is one for example:

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
12 Apr 2009 02:49 #554 by gorkur
Replied by gorkur on topic Re:My still standard Jimny
Thanks for the welcome :)

Nice to see some non Icelandic LWB's. Did quite a few trips on mine, including a few glacier runs. It was truly unstoppable and outperformed most of the huge, expensive trucks with their lockers and luxury extras such as power steering, heating and CD players :P

Will post info about any trips or mods I will do on the Jimny in the future :)

More
14 Apr 2009 19:25 #593 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:My still standard Jimny
You have some lovely countryside over there. I'd love to see a Jimny with tyres that size!!! Can't wait to see what you do to your Jimny.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
21 Apr 2009 00:55 #611 by gorkur
Replied by gorkur on topic Re:My still standard Jimny
gorkur wrote:

Only gripe I have is the steering wheel shaking under heavy braking.

This was caused by faulty brake disks. Got disks plus pads replaced under warranty and am a pretty happy camper right now :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds