BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

new rock sliders fitted

More
21 Feb 2010 21:16 #2407 by Garry
got some rock sliders with built in tree sliders fitted, there jackable and solid :)

tube rear bumper will be on mid week, its built wating on a tidy up and paint.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2010 20:08 #2410 by Baz2236
Replied by Baz2236 on topic Re:new rock sliders fitted
They look good how are they mounted to chassis can you put some pics up of that.

More
22 Feb 2010 20:12 - 22 Feb 2010 20:14 #2411 by Garry
Replied by Garry on topic Re:new rock sliders fitted
will get some new fitted pics at the weekend, i go to work when its dark and come back whe its dark lol

Last edit: 22 Feb 2010 20:14 by Garry.

More
04 Mar 2010 21:45 #2565 by JonathonMarshall
Gary did you buy them 'off the shelf' or are they fabricated? either way how much were they please? I'm after tree sliders especially as they'll act as a step as well as protection:) Cheers

More
05 Mar 2010 14:58 #2579 by Garry
There fabricated, made from 50x50 box section and smaller box for the tree slider, a friend of my local club did them.

More
05 Mar 2010 20:31 #2588 by JonathonMarshall
Appreciated...I thought as much :)

More
08 May 2010 17:37 #3347 by MigCooper
Garry wrote:

There fabricated, made from 50x50 box section and smaller box for the tree slider, a friend of my local club did them.

Hi Garry. I am looking to get something like this made for mine, do you recall the measurements? or have a drawing? Even a few more pictures would be great if you could... :unsure:

Thanks a Lot .....

MigCooper :)

3" Spring Lift + 1" Spacers / ES300 Shockers / TJM Snorkel / Extended Brake Lines / Castor Correction Bushes / Adjustable Panhard Rods / 30" Kaiman / 4.16 Redacted lobster / No Anti Roll Bar / Rock Sliders (Home made) / Diff Guards from ORA / 32mm Spacers /...

More
08 May 2010 19:23 #3349 by Garry
i will measure them tommorrow for you and get some pictures.

More
09 May 2010 09:49 #3351 by MigCooper
Thanks a lot Garry your help is much apriciated ;)

Regards

3" Spring Lift + 1" Spacers / ES300 Shockers / TJM Snorkel / Extended Brake Lines / Castor Correction Bushes / Adjustable Panhard Rods / 30" Kaiman / 4.16 Redacted lobster / No Anti Roll Bar / Rock Sliders (Home made) / Diff Guards from ORA / 32mm Spacers /...

More
14 May 2010 16:45 #3388 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:new rock sliders fitted
Our Rocksliders were one of the best mods I've had done. My car would be totally bent without them, I can think of at least 4 occasions where they've taken the weight of the car, most of which with a little bit of speed involved.

They have recently been used as their name suggests and again, saved the car from big bends in the sills!!!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
23 Oct 2010 19:45 #5309 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re:new rock sliders fitted
If you have any dimension to share I would be interested too ... currently sketching / measuring to fabricate my own.. any guideance greatly recieved

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

More
23 Oct 2010 19:47 #5310 by Garry
I forgot all about this post,

i will get some pictures tommorrow of how mine are attached to the chassi and some sizes.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds