BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Scott - My Jimny

More
16 Jan 2010 18:17 - 31 Jan 2010 10:08 #1891 by JimnyScott
Scott - My Jimny was created by JimnyScott
Hi Im Scott, I've been viewing the site for a while now, just registered now.

My Jimny is more or less standard apart from 15x7 modulars with cooper discover atr tyres (205/70-15), towbar and wind deflectors, I did have 4 roof lights on, but took them off to wire them up, all wired now just not fitted,

this pic was last week playing in the snow :-)

Scott
Last edit: 31 Jan 2010 10:08 by mlines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2010 11:57 #1899 by Garry
Replied by Garry on topic Re:My Jimny
nice jimny, does the 15x7 wheels go on no bother? im thinking about getting some, still on standard suspension at the momment

More
18 Jan 2010 17:44 - 18 Jan 2010 17:46 #1926 by JimnyScott
Replied by JimnyScott on topic Re:My Jimny
yeah the 15x7's go on no probs, they have a -20mm offsett so they just go to the edge of the wheelarch but dont stick out, im running the standard suspension setup aswell, I fitted the 205/70-15s

I got them from 4x4at.com they are based at Leeming Bar, North Yorkshire, here is a link to the wheel Click Here

not the best pics of the wheels but give an idea of what they look like

Scott
Last edit: 18 Jan 2010 17:46 by JimnyScott.

• tups93
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jan 2010 18:04 #1927 by tups93
Replied by tups93 on topic Re:My Jimny
looks good mate,

you got much more planned for it?

More
20 Jan 2010 18:54 #1959 by JimnyScott
cheers :-)

nah no more plans planned really but...
I was thinking about some 1.5" spring spacers,
also thinking about some 195/80-15 MT tyres to replace the road tyres on my alloys,
and im going to beef up the front recovery points eventually,
ive took the base of the back seat out so they fold flat then im going to board it out,
wire up my roof lights,
I need to move the electrics for my towbar up onto the bumper, because I keep bending the bracket when offroading

other than that nothing really, no big lifts or anything major

Scott

• tups93
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jan 2010 19:16 #1962 by tups93
Replied by tups93 on topic Re:My Jimny
sounds like enough to be going on with mate,

although you say your not doing anything major you will end up going mental wih it.

More
21 Jan 2010 19:12 #1980 by JimnyScott
I wont be putting a propper lift kit on it only got a couple of inchs clearence on the garage door lol, only just gets in with the lights on and only because the door handle goes between the 2 middle lights :-)

to be honest I like it how it is, it looks a little different to standard ones, still great on the road, not to bad MPG and its good offroad,

Scott

• leswilluk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2010 14:30 #2083 by leswilluk
Replied by leswilluk on topic Re:My Jimny
Hi Scott I like the look of the 15x7 wheels looking at the picture I am not sure if you have one as a spare do they fit on the original spare wheel mount on the back door
Les

More
30 Jan 2010 15:49 #2084 by JimnyScott
Hi Les

No I haven't got a 7x15 spare its the standard alloy, If I get a spare 5 minutes tomorrow, i'll swap them over to see if they will fit, I would imagine they would but i'll try and let you know

Scott

• leswilluk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2010 16:20 #2089 by leswilluk
Replied by leswilluk on topic Re:My Jimny
Hi Scott thanks but do not take your car apart just to find out its going to be cold tomorrow perhaps try when you are doing some work on your Jimny some time, as some cars are fitted with a small spare I do not see why you could use the standard wheel to get you home in the event of a puncture perhaps some enlightened person in the forum could give there opinion on it
Les

More
31 Jan 2010 11:48 #2099 by JimnyScott
No problem Les, I needed to paint the Hub anyway so it gave me an excuse, the wheel fitted on no bother, but it didnt rest against the rubber buffers on the door, so the could be a little more movement than the standard one as you can see in the photo's, the Tyre on my sapre is the same size as the as the ones on the Jimny so should be ok as a spare I would think, like you say its just for emergencies, here are the pics of the 15x7 fitted as a spare

SCott

• leswilluk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2010 13:29 #2100 by leswilluk
Replied by leswilluk on topic Re:Scott - My Jimny
Thanks Scott that is very use full to know at least you know that if you have a puncture you will not have to try and fit the punctured wheel inside the car to get it home.
Les

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds