BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Kirkynut's Jimny (aka Daddy's Tractor) - The Evolution continues...

More
25 Aug 2014 19:48 - 20 Feb 2018 20:20 #122721 by kirkynut
I have bits to do on my JimJam and had an idea to get on with them today - new front wheel bearings already pushed into hubs and new wheel studs ready to go into those along with longer brake hoses as my Goodridge ones are not the longest in the world!

However, I just could not gain the botheration to do any of them!

I also wanted to have a measure up with a view to a possible LED light bar for the front - again - no botheration!

It has been lashing it down with rain here all day, so about 16:30 I finally could be bothered to do something but it was a bit late in the day to start mechanical stuff!

I realised I've spent many an hour taking photos of my other cars but not the JimJam. With it being an off-roader it didn't matter that it was raining, so out I went to get wet!

These are not my best work as I spent far too much time trying to keep my camera dry - Oh and me dry! I got some snaps of the JimJam nonetheless!

File Attachment:

The next location is a bit... well, gloomy you might say. I went to show my Grandad my Jimjam as I've not been to see him for a while. He left us in 1985 though!

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 20 Feb 2018 20:20 by kirkynut.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2014 20:55 #122725 by helijohn

kirkynut wrote:
However, I just could not gain the botheration to do any of them! - again - no botheration!Kirkynut

Nice mota Kirky. B)

Should you be getting it wet though?? :laugh: :laugh:

I know the feeling about being arsed. I have three auto boxes waiting for a fluid change and endless other jobs. :angry:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
25 Aug 2014 21:02 #122727 by kirkynut

helijohn wrote:

kirkynut wrote:
However, I just could not gain the botheration to do any of them! - again - no botheration!Kirkynut

Nice mota Kirky. B)

Should you be getting it wet though?? :laugh: :laugh:

I know the feeling about being arsed. I have three auto boxes waiting for a fluid change and endless other jobs. :angry:

The worry with getting it wet is that it might shrink - it's small enough as it is! :lol: :laugh:

It was really annoying today though. I got up to take the Mrs to work. I get 2 days out of 10 where I'm not at work and she is, yesterday she took the day off and the weather was good, today she goes back and it rains! I went to Tesco on the way home from taking her to work and that was it - I was all out of bother! Until 16:30 when I perked up - but alas, it was still raining!

Auto box fluid changes - yuck! So yuck x 3!

Never mind - I got something out of the day with me piccies!

Hopefully they'll be a bit more done to the old JimJam soon ;)

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
25 Aug 2014 21:58 #122738 by helijohn

kirkynut wrote: The worry with getting it wet is that it might shrink - it's small enough as it is! :lol: :laugh:

Kirkynut

Yeah, I wish it was a TARDIS - I hardly fit in it as it is.............well I don't unless I have the driver's window open. :( :(

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2014 10:22 #122756 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...

kirkynut wrote:
It was really annoying today though. I got up to take the Mrs to work. I get 2 days out of 10 where I'm not at work and she is, yesterday she took the day off and the weather was good, today she goes back and it rains! I went to Tesco on the way home from taking her to work and that was it - I was all out of bother! Until 16:30 when I perked up - but alas, it was still raining!

Kirkynut

We're in Northumbria at the moment on hols and it's blueish skies and fluffy clouds so far -bit windy though :)

More
26 Aug 2014 21:00 - 20 Feb 2018 20:24 #122776 by kirkynut
It might be a capable off-roader but my JimJam can still cut some shapes in Tesco's car park!

File Attachment:

I'd be screwing if someone left a trolley that close to my normal car!

Kirkynut

Last edit: 20 Feb 2018 20:24 by kirkynut.

• Zee Zee Top
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Aug 2014 08:01 #122852 by Zee Zee Top
Replied by Zee Zee Top on topic Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...
Know what you mean Kirkynut, I won't leave my Jimny near the shopping trolley areas let alone my other car, that doesn't even get to a supermarket car park.

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Aug 2014 09:04 #122854 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re:Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...
Parking next to people carriers is another no no. Usually full of brat kids smashing the door into your car :-(

More
28 Aug 2014 10:38 #122861 by kirkynut

GuardianAngel wrote: Parking next to people carriers is another no no. Usually full of brat kids smashing the door into your car :-(

I've got in the habit of parking away from anyone else to stop this but I should make a point of doing it in the Jimjam because you should see their mum's face when their door bounces off a rock slider!

Kirkynut

• jtayl153
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Aug 2014 11:28 - 28 Aug 2014 11:29 #122865 by jtayl153

GuardianAngel wrote: Parking next to people carriers is another no no. Usually full of brat kids smashing the door into your car :-(

Kirkynuts got the right idea!

Solution - Put sliders on like so:

On the first day I had these on, some kid opened his door and it smashed into the slider. The mother apologied repeatedly.

Slider had no damage. Cant say the same for her door.

Cause our Jimnys sit much higher than normal cars, we have this advantage
Last edit: 28 Aug 2014 11:29 by jtayl153.

More
28 Aug 2014 18:22 #122891 by helijohn
So I park in an open space in an empty car park and guess what...............I return to find a car is parked either side with hundreds of empty spaces available.

Or I sit in and wait while SWOM gets some fags; a car parks next to me and sure enough whack. It happens every time. It means it probably happens when I am not in the car but don't see it going on. Then they wonder why I speak out.

• hunter1084
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Aug 2014 00:21 #122923 by hunter1084
Replied by hunter1084 on topic Re:Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...

Found this out the hard way, first day with my first ever car :angry:

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds