BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

does the new jimnys have a limited slip diff ?

More
19 Jun 2009 20:59 #817 by bobcat
i have just got my first suzuki jimny. its a 09 jlx+. does anyone know if theese have a limited slip diff ?
i like the car it is fairly high spec for what it is.
it just looks a bit grannyish at the moment :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2009 09:45 #822 by mlines
I don't think so, if it did there would have been lots of conversations on the various forums about retro fitting it to older Jimnys or SJs.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
21 Jun 2009 12:36 #825 by bobcat
cheers. how do they perform in mud?
i wish they had bigger wheel arches as standard as i would love to get a decent off road tyre on without having to mod the arches or lift it as its on warranty at the moment also on hp.
i am dying to get it off road just on some green lanes or something.
nothing serious untill i get it paid for and then lifted.
whats the biggest size i can get on to standard rims without fouling arches etc ?

More
21 Jun 2009 14:54 - 21 Jun 2009 14:56 #829 by Liz
I've just got one too Bobcat! I love mine also. I know what you mean about grannyish - so far all the other Jimnys I've seen out in the real world have been piloted by ladies of a 'CERTAIN AGE' lol. I'm 45 so technically I could be a granny but I'm not one.

I love mine though - love driving it , love just walking towards it at the end of the working day knowing I've got a fun drive home, love the view, love not having to worry about the weather in winter time, love it full stop. Great job Suzuki - wish I'd got one years ago but like you I'm seriously happy with the level of kit it has. :)

Liz

PS Sorry I can't help with your questions I'm too new to 4X4s!
Last edit: 21 Jun 2009 14:56 by Liz. Reason: spelling

More
21 Jun 2009 18:28 #835 by bobcat
hi liz i like mine too. they quite a good little car and not as unstable as i have read about. dosnt feel as good handling as the frontera did but its not bad for such a small car.
im 29 so you can understand me wanting to make it look it dosnt belong to a pensioner

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds