BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny Failed MOT

More
22 May 2009 14:32 #727 by Baz2236
Jimny Failed MOT was created by Baz2236
Hi My Jimny went for its dreaded MOT today and failed.

The tester managed to split a front brake pipe whilst doing the test so I need a new brake pipe appartnly its the braided pipe that has split. Does anyone know if these are the same as SJ front brake pipes.

Also failed on Lambda sensor not working I have had a quick look round internet and spoke to the local car shop and they do not list one for a Jimny only Swift and Vitara. My jimny has got a 1.6 16v Bealeno engine in, witch is the same as a vit I believe but they don't list one for that either. Do you think the Vitara one will be correct ?

Also failed on Handbrake adjustment and other little bits but the 2 above are the major ones. He says he can do a re test on Tuesday, But letting me know at 5 This afternoon does not leave me much time to source the parts.

Anyone know how I can get an extended brake hose this weekend I am in Cambridgeshire so if anyone has 1 please let me know and I can come and pick it up.

Thanks,
Baz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2009 18:36 #730 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Jimny Failed MOT
I am afraid I am not going to be able to help on either front. I THINK that the brake pipe fittings are different at the inboard (not caliper) end, but I am not sure, try Dave from Llama 4x4 www.llama4x4.co.uk/

Looking through the parts manual there are at least 6 types of sensor fitted to the Baleno engine and the bad news is that there are at least the same number of sensors in the Vitara range.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
22 May 2009 19:23 #732 by Baz2236
Replied by Baz2236 on topic Re:Jimny Failed MOT
I have Emailed Dave @ Llama 4x4 and hopefully he can sort me some front pipes out, With regards to Lamba sensor I have found some Universal ones that can be fitted so I shall be takin mine off tomorrow to check the wires,

www.cats-direct-shop.co.uk/lambda-sensors.php

No just need to adjust the hand brake and sort out some sharp edges

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds